Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #1

Fallin' In Love All Over Again!

Just got my K200D today from B&H, and I'm fallin' in love all over again.....especially given the fact that I combined it with my first 2.8 lens (Sigma 24-70 EX DG) I also have the kit lens and a cheapie Sigma 100-300 4.5-6.7 DL (which actually does quite well given enough light).
I've got to say, now that I've shot with a 2.8 zoom, I can't imagine not having one.

My first Pentax was a 35mm ZX-50, which always did me right, and still works, but is burried in the closet due to an upgrade to the *ist DL a couple of years ago. I thought of selling the ZX-50, but have quite an emotional attachment to it, especially given that it took thousand of great shots of both of my kids when they were infants and toddlers.

Now...the K200D. This is the upgrade from my *ist DL. My first observation after only 100 frames or so, is that while I think this body may have a bit of a tendancy to underexpose by about .5 stop, (which I understand is a fairly common opinion and better than blowing out highlights), it is VERY, VERY consitent in it's metering! Out of the first 100 or so shots in intentionally varying conditions, using multiple metering modes, there have been NO suprises whatsoever. WOW - I am very impressed! The metering, 4MP increase, anti-shake, and weatherproof body was well worth it. It's going to be a fun weekend!

Glad to be a part of the club - thanks for making this such a great place!
-jeff

Last edited by tbone-ike; 04-05-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: edited image url
04-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #2

Did you really handhold that shot, while driving, with the Sigma 24-70/2.8?

STRONG MAN!
04-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yeah...and with the Battery Grip too....I had to wait for traffic to stop so I could use both hands
-jeff
04-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by tbone-ike Quote
Yeah...and with the Battery Grip too....I had to wait for traffic to stop so I could use both hands
-jeff
You cheater

04-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Good deal, I just got my K200D in today also!

Of course, the difference is this is my first SLR -- I've been in point and shoot land way too long.
Unfortunately for me, I got it rather late in the day, so nothing too special shot so far.

I only have the kit lens, but already I crave more...MOOOORE!

This camera is awesome! I can't believe I waiting this long to jump from the point and shoot cameras.
04-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #6

^^I like the second one. A bit spooky!
04-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #7

Original Poster
cputeq - congrats on the new camera! We got ALOT of camera for our money!

benplaut - LOL! I love my monster lens and grip. I'm not naive to think that bigger is always better, but it sure looks cooler
04-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #8
Inactive Account

cputeq - congrats on the new camera! We got ALOT of camera for our money!

benplaut - LOL! I love my monster lens and grip. I'm not naive to think that bigger is always better, but it sure looks cooler

I'll get my k200d next week, ya got me all excited, even have my sig pic posted already in anticipation. LOL

Barry

04-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tbone-ike: welcome to the Forums, and loved your first K200D posted shot. I'm assuming we'll se more, yes?
04-07-2008, 05:51 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by christinelandon Quote
Tbone-ike: welcome to the Forums, and loved your first K200D posted shot. I'm assuming we'll se more, yes?

Thanks, and indeed you will!

-jeff
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #11

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great capture with your new K200D. Looks like you will get a lot of good use from that camera. Welcome to the fold.

Ted
04-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #12

Just got my K200D today from B&H, and I'm fallin' in love all over again.....especially given the fact that I combined it with my first 2.8 lens (Sigma 24-70 EX DG) I also have the kit lens and a cheapie Sigma 100-300 4.5-6.7 DL (which actually does quite well given enough light).
I've got to say, now that I've shot with a 2.8 zoom, I can't imagine not having one.

My first Pentax was a 35mm ZX-50, which always did me right, and still works, but is burried in the closet due to an upgrade to the *ist DL a couple of years ago. I thought of selling the ZX-50, but have quite an emotional attachment to it, especially given that it took thousand of great shots of both of my kids when they were infants and toddlers.

Now...the K200D. This is the upgrade from my *ist DL. My first observation after only 100 frames or so, is that while I think this body may have a bit of a tendancy to underexpose by about .5 stop, (which I understand is a fairly common opinion and better than blowing out highlights), it is VERY, VERY consitent in it's metering! Out of the first 100 or so shots in intentionally varying conditions, using multiple metering modes, there have been NO suprises whatsoever. WOW - I am very impressed! The metering, 4MP increase, anti-shake, and weatherproof body was well worth it. It's going to be a fun weekend!

Glad to be a part of the club - thanks for making this such a great place!
-jeff

I almost didn't see the dog, I was looking at the side of the suv and the reflection... I had the film version of your new 2.8 lense I had a 28-80 mm from Sigma for my Canon Elan.. it was a heavy lens.. Is it heavy still? It was like a 77 mm filter size.

Last edited by madisonphotogrl; 04-10-2008 at 12:01 PM.
04-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
Veteran Member

-jeff
That's what your knees are for.