Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Ed in GA

live View on the K20D

"Live View"

A feature that it thought would be something I would not use and wondered why it was put on this camera.

My mind has been changed.

I just did some close up work with the object and tripod at table level.

Heretofore, I've stooped down, done a few contortions, lined the object up in the VF and taken the photo.

Today.... I place the object on the table, turned on Live View, set up the shot in the LCD and pressed the shutter release.

Old Dogs can learn new tricks and I stand corrected as to the usefulness of Live View.

Ed

04-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
and potentially adds noise keeping the sensor on all the time does it affect noise ? I was over the moon to finally have a real viewfinder
04-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #3

I wondered the same.

Could you please put the camera on a tripod, then put LV on, keep it on for 10 minutes, make a picture at some high iso settings, then put LV off (and maybe let the sensor 'cool down' for 10 minutes), then make the same pictures. If possible at controlled light settings, with dark and light areas in the image.

I admit this could be pixel peeping, but I'm just very curious as to whether it would make a difference. One would expect so
04-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
yea thats about the only way to tell but I'm pleased that my sensor (K10D) is kept off reducing noise versus the bridge scenario