Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
A-mount to K-mount Adapter, Finally!

Check this out. I might finally be able to get more use out of my Minolta A-mount lenses.
www.ebay.com/itm/New-CATCAN-adapter-for-SONY-MAF-mount-to...

Admittedly there is a correcting lens, but heck I think I could probably put up with that if I can use glass like my Minolta AF 100mm f2 on my K-5.

12-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
get an old body and shave off 1.96mm or remove the correcting lens and not use infinity focus

either way your pictures will come out even better

i've been wanting to get out the micrometer and try this with other lens manufacturers. Contax/Yashica are a good candidate.
12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jkomp316 Quote
get an old body and shave off 1.96mm or remove the correcting lens and not use infinity focus

either way your pictures will come out even better

i've been wanting to get out the micrometer and try this with other lens manufacturers. Contax/Yashica are a good candidate.
It's not as simple as that. Minolta/Sony A-mount lenses do not have an aperture ring. So until now, it has been impossible to use them except on a Minolta or Sony body.
12-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
Check this out. I might finally be able to get more use out of my Minolta A-mount lenses.
www.ebay.com/itm/New-CATCAN-adapter-for-SONY-MAF-mount-to...

Admittedly there is a correcting lens, but heck I think I could probably put up with that if I can use glass like my Minolta AF 100mm f2 on my K-5.
BEWARE! You may find that the lens is a cheap telextender that significantly degrades IQ. I had a "switcheroo" adapter that allowed Nikon lenses to be mounted on Pentax K with infinity focus (manual aperture only). It was basically a cheap 1.4X extender with front Nikon mount and rear K-mount. The loss of IQ was not acceptable and I soon purchased a Nikon body to get the most from these lenses (500 F4 and 180 f2.8).

12-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check this thread for all things adapters...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/96884-...sions-lba.html

The F-mount adapter is a 1.25x tele-converter. The Canon FD adapter is 1.4x.