Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

United Camera did a very good job

For $47, I had United Camera clean my focus screen. They did a very good job and packed the camera well. I'll probably get more dust in it eventually, but atleast I know if too much dust gets in it, I can have it cleaned affordably.

12-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #2

I'm usually getting dust on my focus screen and have learned to clean it quickly using a blower. Usually I have the body face up and drop the screen holder, then use the blower to get rid of the dust.
12-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Action Jackson Quote
I'm usually getting dust on my focus screen and have learned to clean it quickly using a blower. Usually I have the body face up and drop the screen holder, then use the blower to get rid of the dust.
The focus screen, for me, is difficult to drop down. I must admit, I'm also half scared to mess with it. It's probably a situation where I don't have the right tools for the job too. I tried using regular tweezers to drop it down with no luck. So, for someone like me, paying $47 to someone who has done it many times is economically worth it.

Cheers
12-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #4

I guess I'm lucky to have small fingers to reach the release. I would trade that for better eyesight!