Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
*istds firmware updates ? anymore

Wondering if anyone thinks that there will be anymore *ist ds or *ist series firmware updates at all since the K series came out?

Not that I have anything I really want or need to be updated on my DS. But curious if once new models are out the old get put asside and no more updates will be done.

01-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey Pat,

There was a firmware update about a month or so ago. It came at the same time as new firmware for several other models. I didn't upgrade because the single feature change on the DS didn't interest me. I don't recall what it was.

-E
01-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i did that one & I can't remeber what it was for either. Pretty sad. Anyway hoping a firmware update will make my ds a K10.... I doubt it
01-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Wondering if anyone thinks that there will be anymore *ist ds or *ist series firmware updates at all since the K series came out?

Not that I have anything I really want or need to be updated on my DS. But curious if once new models are out the old get put asside and no more updates will be done.
Like with most software, developers usually stop releasing improvements after it's outdated, sadly

As great as the D and DS's are, I doubt we'll be seeing any new firmware updates.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #5

Wasn't the most recent formware update to add support for SD HC cards?

Simon
01-21-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simon Quote
Wasn't the most recent formware update to add support for SD HC cards?
From what I can see yes. v.2.01 only added support for SDHC.

The v.2.00 firmware had these changes (taken from Pentax Canada website):

Continuous AF" mode has been added to the AF settings in the Record Mode menu and AF.S /AF.C can be selected in the Menu

Auto Sensitivity has been added in the sensitivity mode

AE-L button on M has been added in the Custom menu.

The effect of Digital soft filters can be selected from weak, middle or strong

Dutch and Swedish languages has been added to the language

The sample picture will be displayed in the LCD monitor when select picture modes

For prevent the confusion, the item that was not able to be set by the menu, made a gray character.

Very likely v.2.01 will be the last update, but we'll never know. If there is something significant that affects all models (like this SDHC feature) then Pentax may just put a firmware update out there.