Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I have been advised by a Pentax person on this board that this "SR always on" suggestion has been forwarded to the appropriate Pentax dept.

04-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
A Firmware Only wish list? Yes please!

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
When taking sports shots I turn off AF on the shutter button and solely use the AF button on the back.
1. Yes! And rather than fiddling with the settings menu to set AF on/off at half trigger, it would be great to have an AF settings *option* for the button to "focus when the AF button is pressed" that worked when body's AF switch was set to "MF". Call it AF button focuses in MF.

Obviously (and most regrettably IMO) this probably "can't" work for 'screw drive' AF, as the lever *physically* seems to engage and disengage the screw, but it could still work for lenses with their own AF motors, which would be a great help.

2. And since I'm addicted to optical preview, some multi-key sequence such as "fn" (to open the function menu) then "green" to start live view would really be helpful.

As it is I don't use live view as switching back and forth between optical preview (which I use a lot for depth checking) and live view via the settings menu is cumbersome.

3. And as a minor quibble... a settings *option* for 'delete, delete' to delete the current photo in playback mode (rather then delete, up, ok) would be easier on my fingers. It's minor, but ~15MP RAW images take up a wee bit of of space, even with a 8GB card.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by Cedar; 04-13-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Type A. That's why.
04-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
A Firmware *only* Fix & Request List:

Nevermind.

I decided to create a new thread to list firmware requests instead.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/25167-k20d-firmwar...-requests.html

Sorry.

Last edited by Cedar; 04-14-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Type A. What else?