Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Alt button customization

It would be nice if the button customization gave an option to do an Alt function type of thing for using the control wheels differently. I think it would be awesome to be able to hold down the RAW/Fx button and then use the e-dials ISO and something else maybe either metering or white balance. Press the RAW/Fx button and green button together and revert to auto settings on those.

Next firmware update please, pentax. Thanks.

01-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great idea, with lots of possibilities.

Not sure I could remember what I had the 'alt' functions set to, I have trouble remembering what all the buttons do now. But certainly a great idea!
01-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Indeed. There are situations, like with the K-01 thread here, where as the photographer, we would like some additional button customisation.

There's a further thread in the K-01 section here with many more ideas, some appearing quite simple to implement.

While satisfying to see simple customisations appear on later cameras "out of the box", it is a bit irksome to have no action on recent earlier cameras. Yes I'm thinking particularly of the K-01.