Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
01-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #31

Photos: Albums
Hi, I'm a user of both film K1000 and digital K5, sharing lenses between cameras. Many people have answered your questions with useful comments, so I'm just adding a few lines here:

Indeed K5 felt heavy and well-distributed enough for a K1000 user like me, my smaller manual M- and Tak lenses handles well on the K5 (but not the modern DA* zoom). Some people would complain about the viewfinder for manual focusing, but I find it very OK and success rate has always been high. I turn on focus confirmation but switch of the sound alert.

I always set ISO manually and at 1-stop intervals (i.e. 100, 200, 400, 800) because I'm use to film, then shoot usually in A-priority mode. Work very well on K5, and it allows me to transfer all the skills I obtained from k1000 to K5 easily.

Plus Pentax DSLR tends to be smaller than competitors, which will make you feel like holding an older generation SLR.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, features, film, k500, lens, models, pentax, photography, shutter, viewfinder, workflow