Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarinatedHerring Quote
So, just to clarify this won't work on cameras such as the K30/50 or K5, II, IIs?

I am going to purchase a DSLR that will be able to use my Nikon lenses (nikkor p,q, etc). I would really like it to be a Pentax and not a Nikon dslr that I choose.
Get a used K100d or K-X. They're super cheap, and have excellent image quality. Some of my best work (it still stands up now, too!) was done on a K100d, way into the era of the K-5. That way you don't have to worry about any warranty issues that could arise, either. =)

03-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by fretlessdavis Quote
Get a used K100d or K-X. They're super cheap, and have excellent image quality. Some of my best work (it still stands up now, too!) was done on a K100d, way into the era of the K-5. That way you don't have to worry about any warranty issues that could arise, either. =)
Thank you. I will look into those cameras tonight!
03-03-2014, 12:06 AM   #33

Original Poster
For those who are on this thread but seldom visit the homepage, I am giving out 3 pcs of PK+MM for those who are interested in it through a short contest. You can check out the details at this link:
Pentax K+ Multi-Mount Giveaway - Pentax Events - PentaxForums.com
03-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #34

I'm eagerly awaiting my PK+MM. You say that the mount won't work on a Super Program, P3, etc, due to the stop down lever. I just removed the ring/lever from a junk P3 so it should theoretically work, correct? Have you tried to remove it? Of course, this does make the camera a little less useful for Pentax lenses but my intention is to use the OMs I already have.

The extra holes in the mount shouldn't be an issue with OM lenses because they don't have pins. In any case I don't think it would be difficult to fill the holes with solder.

04-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #35

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gnarelsek Quote
I did not realise that there is Mamiya ZE mount but now i know! Thanks.
After online searching, it seems to be a relatively less known mount and lenses for them are quite limited. I will try to see if i can get my hands on one and update.
I happen to have a Mamiya ZE, so I took its Mamiya-Sekor E 50/1.7 and compared it to a Pentax M 50/1.7 and the mount of my KM. The Mamiya E mount is similar to the Pentax K mount in the relative lengths of the flanges, and the lens might mount (about 90-100 degrees clockwise) except that the diameters of the circles formed by the inside and outside edges of the flanges both appear to be slightly larger than those of the Pentax K lens. In addition, one of the shorter flanges has a tapered end (somewhat like that of a Contax/Yashica) that keeps it from fitting into the K mount when the other two flanges are lined up with their slots in the mount. So the lens might be made to fit, but it would take some grinding to do it. That's not taking into account the E lens's aperture lever and guard that extend about 10mm into the camera.

I just ordered a PK+MM, too, for my K-01 and look forward to using OM and C/Y lenses with it. I was disappointed recently that an M42 Yashinon-DX 50/1.7 that I had really looked forward to using on the K-01 doesn't fit because the rear element mount contacts the boxy projection at the top of the camera's chamber before it gets to infinity. I hope I don't run into that problem with many of the other lenses I want to try. (The Yashinon isn't a total disappointment; it works fine with my K5 IIs.)

Last edited by nparsons13; 04-09-2014 at 04:46 PM.
04-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I remembered the adapter works on non-WR cameras only, such as K-X. K-r. Correct me if it is not true.
Are you planning to modify your adapter to fit in WR camera bodies like K10D? I have manual focusing screen installed on K10D and will be great for some Nikon and Konica lenses that I still have.
07-08-2014, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #37

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
I remembered the adapter works on non-WR cameras only, such as K-X. K-r. Correct me if it is not true.
Are you planning to modify your adapter to fit in WR camera bodies like K10D? I have manual focusing screen installed on K10D and will be great for some Nikon and Konica lenses that I still have.
To Grahame, the PK+MM for WR bodies like your K10D is now available. Do note its limitations though.

07-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great! Just ordered one. Thanks a lot for great creative work! Hope I can get it soon.
07-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gnarelsek Quote
To Grahame, the PK+MM for WR bodies like your K10D is now available. Do note its limitations though.

I ordered the mount a few days ago, paid via paypal. But I didn't get any email to confirm the order, or to update the status, or to provide shipping information.
Have you received the order? I don't even have an order number.
PM me please if you find any information about my order.
Thanks
07-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #40
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone actually received the adapter?

After initial announcement/offering I was interested and hoping for user feedback, but so far I have not seen a review or heard of anyone receiving the adapter. Seems like a long time--anyone received one or know of someone that received one?
07-16-2014, 08:36 PM - 1 Like   #41

I've been using one on my K-01 since April, and I'm very happy with it. I've used it wih Olympus, Nikon, and Yashica/Contax lenses.

It is necessary to put a piece of tape over the aperture control button on Olympus lenses so they'll stop down with the aperture ring. Y/C lenses need about 3mm clipped off the end of the aperture lever so it doesn't protrude too far into the Pentax chamber; that amount doesn't affect the capabilities of the lens with Y/C bodies.

I have only one Nikon lens, a non-AIS Nikkor-Q 105mm f/2.5, and I had to shim the mount by 0.8mm so it would even the mount with the lip of the aperture ring. 1mm would have been better, to get the flange focal distance closer to the original Nikon register, but I didn't have small washers that thick. Now it attaches smoothly to the Pentax, however, and infinity focus is acceptably sharp at f/4 and above.

The only problem, if you want to call it that, I've encountered is that if non-Pentax lenses are left on the mount for long periods of time, they compress the tension springs on the underside of the mount, making Pentax lenses fit slightly looser than normal. The Adaptist site gives a warning about that and tells how to retension the springs. I haven't retensioned mine, and all my Pentax lenses still work just fine with the camera. The contacts all make contact and the autofocus screw works just as it should.

Here's the K-01 with an Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f/1.8. The lens is marked Made in Japan, which is arguably the sharpest of all the OM 50/1.8 series.

And a shot made with this combo:

Last edited by nparsons13; 07-17-2014 at 05:20 AM.
07-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #42
Veteran Member

It used to be that you bought the camera for the glass that was available for it.
Having great glass was important because it gave you a better picture. Less
distortion, and better color. Today, pretty much any glass you buy is better
than the glass that was available in the 1900s. I have been doing this for
about 40 years. And have adapted lenses to fit my Pentax camera. Actually
making the mouth for the lens. Even though the lens was usable and
produced really nice pictures, it was less than ideal. I had to open the aperture
to focus, and then close the aperture before I took the picture. No automatic
features are available.

Today, you can get really good pictures, with pretty inexpensive lenses. In fact one
of my favorite lenses is a Pro-spec manual focus, 75 – 300mm, f 5.6 . Sells on
eBay for about $40. It is not equal to appendix lens, but it is very sharp, and it
produces great color images.

I have not used the product being discussed here. And I do not know much
about the product.

But in my opinion, With the post processing functions that are available now,
Unless someone gives you a bunch of Leica lenses for free, adapting any
lens to fit your camera is a waste of time and money. And even if someone did
give me a bunch of high-end lenses like that, I would sell them, and use the
money to get the proper glass that I needed for my camera.

Save your money and buy the lens made for your camera. You will be much happier.

Stay safe and have fun.
Joe.
07-17-2014, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote
Save your money and buy the lens made for your camera. You will be much happier.
Well, some of us find happiness in tinkering with and using old manual-focus lenses, and we've been wishing for a long time that we could expand our box beyond M42 and Pentax K-mount lines. For much of our shooting many of us use the latest and finest KAF lenses we can afford, but we also get a rush from making the most of old glass on our digital cameras. The Adaptist is an augmented way of doing that, and a much less expensive way than buying a NEX or a Canon body and a handful of adapters.
07-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #44
Veteran Member

I uploaded a video last night showing the unboxing and installation. I'll do others on using system lenses in the future.

[COLOR="Silver"]
08-26-2014, 02:12 AM   #45

Original Poster
I would like to update some new information here about PK+MM.
The mirror box chamber seems to be preventing some lenses with long mount guard at rear element from mounting on. A clearance of 9mm from mounting surface of the adapted lens is required as shown below.