Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nikkor bokeh on a Pentax

This morning I did some shooting with the K-01 + PK+MM mount and my Nikkor-P 105mm f/2.5. This is the first time I've been able to take my time with the Nikkor and get used to it. I think it has distinct possibilities.

09-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #47

Here's the Nikkor-P on the K-01. It's a nice fit after the lens mount is shimmed out about 1mm so that the mount clears the rim formed by the aperture ring.

09-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nparsons13 Quote
Here's the Nikkor-P on the K-01.
Aesthetically, that looks great on the K-01.
09-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #49

Original Poster
Yes, some Nikon glass do look good on that mirrorless K-01. Looking forward to see more adapted lenses.

03-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is a lot of into here can someone summarize for me the following:

If I put one of these alternate mounts on my pentax K100D Super (as an example) and then mount a Nikon AI series lens (let's say the 50 f/2 for simplicity) will I be able to use the lens like an M series Pentax with on demand stop down metering by button or will this be more like an M42 with the lever at the M position (aperture closes to whatever it is set for all the time).
03-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #51

They work like M42 lenses with the aperture switch set on M. There is no way for a Pentax camera to communicate aperture information with a Nikon, Yashica/Contax, Olympus, Konica, or 4/3 lens. The levers and/or contacts that transmit that information are different in each these camera makes. So the aperture on any of those lenses must be set manually when used with a Pentax body equipped with the PK+MM.

On the K-01, for example, with auto ISO and the camera set to P, Av, Tv, or M mode, you get TAv mode. With manual ISO and the camera set to P, Av, or Tv, you get Av mode only, but when you set the mode dial to M you get full manual exposure and use of the green button to set exposure (if your camera is set up for it).

Manual stop-down is default for Nikon, Yashica/Contax, and Konica lenses, but Olympus OM lenses can be stopped down manually only when the lens is attached to an OM camera or when the auto-aperture mechanism is disabled--as by putting a piece of tape over the stop-down button on the base of the lens. I don't know about 4/3; the Adaptist website has advice about using them.

Last edited by nparsons13; 03-25-2015 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Correct lens type is 4/3, not micro 4/3 or m43.
03-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nparsons13 Quote
They work like M42 lenses with the aperture switch set on M. There is no way for a Pentax camera to communicate aperture information with a Nikon, Yashica/Contax, Olympus, Konica, or M43 lens. The levers and/or contacts that transmit that information are different in each these camera makes. So the aperture on any of those lenses must be set manually when used with a Pentax body equipped with the PK+MM.

On the K-01, for example, with auto ISO and the camera set to P, Av, Tv, or M mode, you get TAv mode. With manual ISO and the camera set to P, Av, or Tv, you get Av mode only, but when you set the mode dial to M you get full manual exposure and use of the green button to set exposure (if your camera is set up for it).

Manual stop-down is default for Nikon, Yashica/Contax, and Konica lenses, but Olympus OM lenses can be stopped down manually only when the lens is attached to an OM camera or when the auto-aperture mechanism is disabled--as by putting a piece of tape over the stop-down button on the base of the lens. I don't know about micro 4/3; the Adaptist website has advice about using them.
I think I have this but let's make sure:

If I mounted a 50mm f/2 Nikkor on my Pentax K100D Super with the PK+MM mount, I would likely keep the lens aperture set to maximum to keep the display bright and then if I wanted a different aperture and proper exposure I could simply set it in Av mode - focus and then when I wanted a narrower f/stop turn the aperture and the metering would see the darker transmission and set the shutter speed accordingly.

03-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
If I mounted a 50mm f/2 Nikkor on my Pentax K100D Super with the PK+MM mount, I would likely keep the lens aperture set to maximum to keep the display bright and then if I wanted a different aperture and proper exposure I could simply set it in Av mode - focus and then when I wanted a narrower f/stop turn the aperture and the metering would see the darker transmission and set the shutter speed accordingly.
Yup.
03-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Yup.
I second the yup.
04-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #55

Closeup with a Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f/3.2. I wasn't real happy with the focus on this shot, but apparently other people like it.

08-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Just got my PK+MM (Wide Receiver Weather Resistant version for my K-30) the other day, then promptly ran some tests yesterday infinity focusing from my office's parking garage with my M 28/3.5 versus a Carl Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 (for Contax/Yashica) that I picked up for just over $200 (which was the reason I got the PK+MM in the first place).

Both at f/4 and at f/8, at anywhere other than frame center, the Zeiss beat my M convincingly (as in I could tell the difference even viewing at 1546x1024). I just hope it's because the Distagon is just that good, or maybe because my M 28/3.5 has field curvature like my DA 21, and not a sign that installing the PK+MM might have left my K-mount lenses unable to focus to infinity...

(I could barely budge the K-30's original mount after removing the screws, until the whole thing just popped off suddenly and very much not "slowly" as the instructions instruct, so I'm really hoping I did not screw things up somehow. I need to test some other Pentax lenses to make sure -- not the Rokinon, because as much as I love the way the world looks through the OVF when that lens is on, we all know those lenses often go past infinity.)
07-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K3 with Olympus 50mm Zuiko Macro lens with Leitax adapter
Attached Images