Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2014, 06:29 AM - 5 Likes   #1

Manual focus galore! Nikon F, Olympus OM, C/Y, Konica AR mount lenses on Pentax DSLR.

A few people may still remember my winning entry to last year Pentax Forum K-30 giveaway where I shared my “Influential gear” ( PentaxForum Entry ), a self modified K mount ring to accept Nikon F, Olympus OM, Contax/Yashica C/Y and Konica AR* mounts lenses in addition to K mount on my Pentax K-r.
As the response then was encouraging and as promised, I have made it into a commercially available product which I called it Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM). There is now no need for users to try DIY now since they can now replace it with this new mount ring instead.
Here is the photo of the PK+MM on my K-r.

The concept behind this possibility is although different camera mounts are different, by re-designing the K mount, I managed to allow the mounting of other mounts as mentioned. No adapter is required and no lens modifications required except for a minor one for C/Y mount. Of course, there are lens mount markings for the different mounts but lens locking is not available. However, the lenses do stay on quite snugly with the leaf spring in the camera body holding on to them. Operation wise is same as using M42 screw mount lenses.

I will share a few photos, especially for those who are interested in adapting lenses.

Nikon 50mm F/1.4 (pre-AI) Nikkor-S Auto on Pentax K-r beside Nikon SLR Nikkormat

Nikon 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 AF on Pentax K-r beside Nikon SLR N90s

Olympus Zuiko-S 50mm F/1.4 on Pentax K-r beside Olympus OM-1N with Zuiko Auto-MACRO 50mm F/3.5 with Varimagni Finder attached.

Yashica ML 50mm f/2.0 on Pentax K-r beside Contax 167MT and Yashica FX-3

Currently, only the version for non-WR bodies is completed and available. I am still working on the more complicated WR version. And these are made in my home country, Singapore.
If you are interested to know more details, you can visit my website: Adaptist

01-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Quite amazing work you got there!
01-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

As I currently have Nikon and Pentax lenses, this is very interesting!
01-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Cool stuff!

01-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow that is great! Is it possible to use this on the K-01?
01-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Courageous work! I will be buying one as soon as you have the WR version to fit my K-5iis.

This is really fantastic, a good business idea, and a huge service to the Pentax userbase! Best wishes for success!
01-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice!

01-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting but this does not address the different registry distances and infinity focus
01-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Interesting but this does not address the different registry distances and infinity focus
Nikon lenses will focus slightly past infinity, Olympus and C/Y are close enough that it shouldn't matter. The website has a disclaimer that Konica lenses are for macro only.

RioRico would have loved this...
01-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Nikon lenses will focus slightly past infinity, Olympus and C/Y are close enough that it shouldn't matter. The website has a disclaimer that Konica lenses are for macro only.
The website also mentions that a shim is provided for use with Nikon lenses to allow for the proper registration distance when mounted.
01-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #11
Veteran Member

...I ... Want ...This.

Can it take Mamiya ZE lenses? Those are SUPER cheap right now because it's a dead mount.
01-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Wow that is great! Is it possible to use this on the K-01?
I do not have the K-01 and unable to verify that although dis-assembly photos of K-01 showed that Pentax used the same part. I will try to see if i can get a K-01 to verify.

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
...I ... Want ...This.

Can it take Mamiya ZE lenses? Those are SUPER cheap right now because it's a dead mount.
I did not realise that there is Mamiya ZE mount but now i know! Thanks.
After online searching, it seems to be a relatively less known mount and lenses for them are quite limited. I will try to see if i can get my hands on one and update.
01-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Will this mount on a Pentax film SLR? I have two K2 bodies and I think one of them would be a great candidate for adaptation.
01-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #14
Veteran Member

This sounds promissing. I don't have Kr, but K20, K7 and K5.
Please develop a mount kit for these too. How long do I have to wait?
Next is to hope for a FF body from pentax/ricoh.

Another questions:
- You mention on your website, there are shims for nikon lenses. How are these shims placed? between the mount and lens?
- Any photo of Konica AR on pentax body? How far can it focus? if not infinity, which lens may suitable for portrait distances?

Please also take some photos of the swapping process.
Thank you.

Last edited by hoanpham; 01-14-2014 at 01:58 AM.
01-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nikon Shim Information on the Adaptist website.

QuoteQuote:
Mounting
1. Take out one piece of the black mounting shim from the re-sealable bag.
2. Detach the outer shim ring from its centre unused material.
3. Place the shim ring firmly and flat onto the lens rear mounting surface.
4. Align the mounting mark on the lens with the red circle mark on the mount ring, same as Pentax K mount.
5. Turn the lens clockwise to mount.