Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ps when I say overexposed I mean drastically....Photos are Washed out to the extreme!

01-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm beginning to suspect a sticky aperture mechanism in the lens? Guys, is that possible?

Trev, I'll wait for your tests to be posted. Again, if you don't know how to post, you may email me the pictures and I can do it for you. I'll have them up around 8pm (the time I arrive home and get settled in).

Cheers!
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #18
Site Supporter

To post an image, first, size it to 800 pixels wide.

Then, start a new reply. Go down to the next section on the page ("Additional Options) and click "Manage Attachments". A new window will open.

Click on the "browse" link and navigate to the image. Double click on the file name, then click "Upload". After few seconds it will be uploaded and the image name will show as an attachment.

Now you can close the upload window, and continue with writing your post with the Exif data (camera setting info).

Then "submit" your reply post.
01-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

make sure the little button is pressed and the lens is clicked fully into the A position else the lens isnt in the A position.. it can look like it is but not be..

with the A lens and properly in the A position it should just work exposure wise.. all u should have to do is manually focus..

with the M lens the camera has to be in manual and u have to press the AE button else u get wide open exposure all the time.. u also have to set "use aperture ring" in the menue..

if not in the A position i think the A lens behaves just like the M lens..

trog

01-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I do have same similar problem of over exposing with my A* lens when I used it with 2X S teleconverter. In day light, I would either manually stop down at least 2 stops or negatively compensating the exposure by 2

I guess it is probably due to the adaptor stuffing up the autoexposure metering...

Using the lens along A*300mm did not give me any problems.
01-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Sorry Trev,
I'm at a loss for other ideas. All my A lenses work fine.
Perhaps somebody will come up with a logical explanation.
-Alan