Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax warranty and extended warranty eligibilty

If one receives a Pentax camera (K-50) as a Christmas gift (and to boot the additional warranty from Adorama at the time of purchase, $19.99) does the recipient have the warranty throughout its effective period? To the letter, the warranty (and also the extended warranty card) verbage states "non transferable", yet how many cameras are given as Xmas gifts, e.g. and as such recipients are "not the original purchasers"? I recall I've read on the forums that as long as a receipt is included from an authorized Pentax dealer the warranty will be honored, but I'm not sure...I'd be curious if someone with knowledge/experience can enlighten me

01-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Already been argued in a recent "for sale" thread, each side presenting vague and contradictory evidence straight from the horse's mouth and nether regions.

Gift = recipient has a warranty and extended warranty. Sale = recipient likely has no warranty, and no extended warranty.

I work retail, and that has been my experience and position (though we don't have extended warranties to worry about).
01-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would suggest you contact Pentax yourself via email and keep their response for future reference, should you need it. Anything else is nothing more than speculation, conjecture or guessing.

NOTE: This applies to US only, since OP is from Ohio. Posts stating "This is how it is in XXXXX country" have no bearing so please don't go there.
01-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Hello,

When Pentax products are gifted, then yes you have warranty. The “non-transferable” applies to an individual selling the unit to another individual.

Thank you,

C.R.I.S. Camera Services | 250 N. 54th Street, Chandler AZ 85226
Phone: 480.940.1103 | Fax: 480.940.1329
Web: criscam.com | Blog: camerarepair.org Get Connected, follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Well, that answers that!!