Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax Warranty Repair

I had to send in my K10d for a checkup under warranty (other than ff/bf issues, the camera would sometimes switch to cleaning mode - mirror up - while shooting).

Everything looks good so far, except for some dust that came back on the sensor and the viewfinder. I took some nature shots yesterday and worked them over in LR. Getting ready to upload them, I looked over the EXIF info and was surprised to see K10D V 1.00.

I thought it was a mistake so I checked the camera, and there it was, firmware version 1.00.

Not that it's a big deal, but are they not putting on the latest firmware anymore? Or are they hinting at me fixing my own ff/bf issues using the old firmware's service menu?

04-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
How sure are you that you got your original body back?

D.
04-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #3

When I sent in my K10d for service, they re-flashed the firmware to 1.00.
04-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gadget_Guy Quote
How sure are you that you got your original body back?

D.
a) They didn't indicate a new body was sent out
b) Same serial #
c) Same "finger wear" in a couple of spots :-D

04-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow! What a weird service practice...you'd think the Pentax warranty shop would regard the "bug fixes" and "upgrades" in the latest firmware as the current baseline for proper camera operation. It makes me think that it might not be a bad idea to download and archive the entire set of K10D firmware upgrades while they can still be found on the Web, so as to be sure that I can have my camera set with my choice, not the shop's, in years to come.
04-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Fireball Quote
When I sent in my K10d for service, they re-flashed the firmware to 1.00.
That's very interesting. When I sent my first K10D body to Pentax in Colorado, they fixed the autofocus problem (it had ceased to work at all) but the firmware remained at 1.2, which is what I had updated it to. When I sent my second body in for backfocus problem (also to Colorado), it came back with the firmware updated to 1.3. Go figure.

Richard
04-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #7

I sent mine to Pentax Canada. As you know, we Canadians are the oddball of the bunch