Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K20D and Lightroom v2 beta

Anybody else using both the K20D and testing the Lightroom 2 beta? I'm finding that I can correct white balance problems in Lightroom 2b easily and well by using the "auto" white balance (in the program). But this does NOT work so well in the current release version of Lightroom (1.4.1). Anybody know the explanation for this improvement?

04-14-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Anybody else using both the K20D and testing the Lightroom 2 beta? I'm finding that I can correct white balance problems in Lightroom 2b easily and well by using the "auto" white balance (in the program). But this does NOT work so well in the current release version of Lightroom (1.4.1). Anybody know the explanation for this improvement?
Sounds like Adobe improved their WB algorithm. I always found it weak, I believe they just tried to guess the color temperature from a short list of presets. Maybe now they search for grey/white spots?

I don't think it is related to Pentax or K20. Maybe, the LR beta2 Adobe forum has more info about it.
04-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #3

Lightroom v2 beta White Balance & K20D

I've had it working well, until it locked up yesterday doing an auto wb. Completely locked and I had to kill the process - Windows XP. I've not reported it yet but will do so. Otherwise, I'm loving the new beta features - esp. localized enhancements.

I have noticed the wb is better.
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattp9 Quote
I've had it working well, until it locked up yesterday doing an auto wb. Completely locked and I had to kill the process - Windows XP. I've not reported it yet but will do so. Otherwise, I'm loving the new beta features - esp. localized enhancements.

I have noticed the wb is better.
OK, glad to know it's not my imagination.

I had it freeze up on me, too, when I was doing some auto WB adjustments, two days ago. Froze up repeatedly. I rebooted the computer a couple times and continued to have the problem. But then it went away. The only thing I noticed - or think I noticed - is that I was having the problems while my laptop was running on the battery; but I have not had problems while running my laptop with the power cord plugged in.

Anyway, thanks. I'm really pleased with Lightroom 2.

Will

04-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I switched to Aperture 2 when it came out because I liked the interface in Aperture 1 a ton, but not the slowness. Aperture 2 is still slow, and it sucks compared to Lightroom 2, so I'm switching back again...
*sigh*
04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hudsong Quote
I switched to Aperture 2 when it came out because I liked the interface in Aperture 1 a ton, but not the slowness. Aperture 2 is still slow, and it sucks compared to Lightroom 2, so I'm switching back again...
*sigh*
That's gonna get expensive.
04-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Luckily enough, I get them for free due to my job in the fine arts college at my school