Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #436
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jedie Quote
Yes and no...

The EyeFi Card worked in K-30, too. Yes.

But the K-50 has some additional for it. e.g. detects the card and can turn WIFI on/off...
Don't know if this "communication" can be done with the K-30 hardware. Maybe the SD-Card slot must have some additionals?

But maybe the WIFI on/off works just like to store a file on SD-Card?

Just compare:

K-30:
-> Pentax K-30: Camera WiFi Cards and Compatibility | Eye-Fi Support

K-50:
-> Pentax K-50: Camera WiFi Cards and Compatibility | Eye-Fi Support
know the post where few binaries of line 2 was deleted resulting it being read as hacked, but do anyone know how to reverse engineer to actually swap firmwares of different models.

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 10:21 PM ----------

in K-7

01-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #437
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jedie Quote
But the K-50 has some additional for it. e.g. detects the card and can turn WIFI on/off...Don't know if this "communication" can be done with the K-30 hardware.
Sure.
QuoteQuote:
Maybe the SD-Card slot must have some additionals?
No
QuoteQuote:
But maybe the WIFI on/off works just like to store a file on SD-Card?
Yes. Commands are send by simple "write" them into file with special filename on the card. Card hardware catches where file is by name and therefor is able to process them.

Last edited by bootcoder; 01-20-2015 at 12:58 PM.
02-03-2015, 12:22 AM   #438
Veteran Member

any inputs on which lines/s of a firmware code reads an existing firmware, and then decides that it is within the parameter (version of camera and firmware) for an permitted upgrade.
03-08-2015, 01:51 AM   #439
Veteran Member

firmware loader

notwithstanding all that is said till today there is no coherent answer how pentax firmware loader operates and thus how to work around the same, save and except ricoh-pentax.
its thus sad

03-09-2015, 04:23 AM   #440
Veteran Member

For lulz I drag n dropped the .bin file for the K-01 v1.05 firmware on to that online decoder,..... and got nothing.

( under Firefox btw )
03-09-2015, 04:31 AM   #441
Banned

All necessary information/tools and prove that modified firmware can be loaded were posted in this forum. Read carefully and learn technics if you want to hack one day.
03-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #442
Veteran Member

gone through but modifying bootlaoder deos not EXIST

03-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #443

QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
For lulz I drag n dropped the .bin file for the K-01 v1.05 firmware on to that online decoder,..... and got nothing.

( under Firefox btw )
You have to use Google Chrome unfortunately. (I know, I prefer FF too, but Chrome is the only one that implements the JS file saving properly).
03-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #444
Veteran Member

firmware:
firm ware when installed on a camera is a decrypted version and the software permits an flashing only with software which reads the version installed, thus simpliciter one cannot flash unless the upgrading firmware is within the existing parameter. One cannot flash firmware with an existing version of firmware, thus the upgradging firmware has to be of the same camera model and a version higher.
whether permissible or otherwise is then a factor of the existing firmware and the code of the flashing firmware.
Thus unless decrypted firmware(and its reversal) is modified to read as a version higher than the installed.
the available decryption tools does not decrypt the header of the firmware for modification thus atleast i have not been successful on working at this aspect. unless this gets clarified the primary part of hacking one cannot proceed. eg how to flash a K-x camera with a K-r firmware and then reverse it from K-r to K-x.
googled across read the links here but there is no clue, all that one can do is use a decrypting software proprietory of pentax made available at pentaxhack -frmcrypt, all other suggested hacks/decrypting software do not work or read,this is the only software where strings seems logical, but garbles the flashing part at the header.
Am i wrong
03-28-2015, 10:30 PM - 1 Like   #445

QuoteOriginally posted by uttam.hathi Quote
firmware:
firm ware when installed on a camera is a decrypted version and the software permits an flashing only with software which reads the version installed, thus simpliciter one cannot flash unless the upgrading firmware is within the existing parameter. One cannot flash firmware with an existing version of firmware, thus the upgradging firmware has to be of the same camera model and a version higher.
whether permissible or otherwise is then a factor of the existing firmware and the code of the flashing firmware.
Thus unless decrypted firmware(and its reversal) is modified to read as a version higher than the installed.
the available decryption tools does not decrypt the header of the firmware for modification thus atleast i have not been successful on working at this aspect. unless this gets clarified the primary part of hacking one cannot proceed. eg how to flash a K-x camera with a K-r firmware and then reverse it from K-r to K-x.
googled across read the links here but there is no clue, all that one can do is use a decrypting software proprietory of pentax made available at pentaxhack -frmcrypt, all other suggested hacks/decrypting software do not work or read,this is the only software where strings seems logical, but garbles the flashing part at the header.
Am i wrong
Please stop commenting, uttam.hathi. None of your posts have been helpful and you have repeatedly refused to follow the instructions given to you. Once again, you will NOT get legible source code from any of the tools used in this thread. That is NOT how disassembly works!
03-29-2015, 05:28 AM - 2 Likes   #446

firmware:
It's called hacking for a reason. You create a hack which lets you install any firmware you wish. And it might be true that version has to be bigger or same. Needless to say that software which is meant to another hardware can't work. I would be rather curious how to hack the bootloader so that I can run any firmware.

Am i wrong
Yes you are wrong. I tested K-3 firmware with the javascript decrypter, disassembled it and found even images. then I encrypted it with some tool linked in this thread. After that I decrypted it again and got same file. I didn't flash my camera.

And disassembling you get machine codes which you can interpret to higher level language if you know which kind of structures higher level language compiler produces and it is total guess what are the variables and function names.

And if you think frmcrypt is so superrior, disassemble and analyze it and then write good post why it works better than anything else.

You should start your way from something simple to learn to do stuff. First take Arduino and learn to read the assembly listing file. Then continue to arm and intel machines. You'll start to see pattern how the sourcecode is generated to binary.

But please. Stop whining decryption isn't working. It works. Encryption works. But I don't have time to work with Pentax firmwares
03-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #447
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MooseV2 Quote
Please stop commenting, uttam.hathi. None of your posts have been helpful and you have repeatedly refused to follow the instructions given to you. Once again, you will NOT get legible source code from any of the tools used in this thread. That is NOT how disassembly works!
disassembly done with frmcrypt, but is it

---------- Post added 03-31-2015 at 06:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by anemone Quote
It's called hacking for a reason. You create a hack which lets you install any firmware you wish. And it might be true that version has to be bigger or same. Needless to say that software which is meant to another hardware can't work. I would be rather curious how to hack the bootloader so that I can run any firmware.

Yes you are wrong. I tested K-3 firmware with the javascript decrypter, disassembled it and found even images. then I encrypted it with some tool linked in this thread. After that I decrypted it again and got same file. I didn't flash my camera.

And disassembling you get machine codes which you can interpret to higher level language if you know which kind of structures higher level language compiler produces and it is total guess what are the variables and function names.

And if you think frmcrypt is so superrior, disassemble and analyze it and then write good post why it works better than anything else.

You should start your way from something simple to learn to do stuff. First take Arduino and learn to read the assembly listing file. Then continue to arm and intel machines. You'll start to see pattern how the sourcecode is generated to binary.

But please. Stop whining decryption isn't working. It works. Encryption works. But I don't have time to work with Pentax firmwares
is it written in Java, it looks more of C language
03-31-2015, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #448
Banned

As Shodan said, K-30 processor is forced into big endian mode:
Code:
a0000000:    ee110f10     mrc    15, 0, r0, cr1, cr0, {0}
a0000004: e3800080 orr r0, r0, #128 ; 0x80
a0000008: ee010f10 mcr 15, 0, r0, cr1, cr0, {0}
IMHO it is clear evidence for single core processor. ARM MPCore specification obsoletes this bit7:B of CR1 in CP15.
BUT found strings:
Code:
Core0 Undefined Instruction before PC-%08X!
Core1 Undefined Instruction before PC-%08X!
So must be 2 cores somewhere in M-6M...

Additionally having exception vectors in DSP RAM is very typical Fujitsu trick on Milbeaut chip. In Nikon D5100 firmware RealOS/uITRON kernel data is copied to DSP RAM. Probably it is faster comparing to SDRAM (DSP is on-Chip) and is accessible in any mode without need for correct timing.

Last edited by bootcoder; 03-31-2015 at 05:53 PM.
04-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #449
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anemone Quote
Can I just say, none of this works for me?

Two reasons,....
1) I own a K-01 instead of a K50
2) You guys have blown right past everything I ever knew about that level of coding,....

I for one, am glad you blokes are having a good go at this project, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out - if you can match the functionality of the factory firmware, and improve on the areas the factory has let down, you will be doing a great service for all of us who aren't capable of doing the coding ourselves.
Please keep at it !
04-01-2015, 08:26 PM - 1 Like   #450
Banned

Finally second core found! So there are 2 Cores in K-30, AMP-way. Core1 RAM is mapped into address range 0x01xxxxxx of Core0. Flash area 0xAxxxxxxx is seen at same address by both cores. Firmware update file 1.05 contains:
Code:
0xA0005400-0xA001B133 Core0 OS kernel
0xA0020000-0xA008D263 Core1 OS kernel
0xA00A0000-0xA02BE407 Main firmware (common)

Last edited by bootcoder; 04-06-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Closed Thread