Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2016, 07:06 AM   #571

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bootcoder Quote
Did you try usual way, but create 00077420.504 file instead of MODSET.xxx ?
Now that makes it hard for me to say a proper thank you, because the words on a forum page can hardly do justice to the way I'd say it if you could hear me. I have now been able to properly calibrate my K-r autofocus system so it works properly. At the moment I am earning less than usual and although that will improve later in the year I don't have the money for a professional service.

Where did you get that information from by the way? I've been using Google and hunting around forums for days without finding the filename needed for the K-r!

06-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #572
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fire Angel Quote
Now that makes it hard for me to say a proper thank you, because the words on a forum page can hardly do justice to the way I'd say it if you could hear me. I have now been able to properly calibrate my K-r autofocus system so it works properly. At the moment I am earning less than usual and although that will improve later in the year I don't have the money for a professional service.

Where did you get that information from by the way? I've been using Google and hunting around forums for days without finding the filename needed for the K-r!
Codes for the various models are scattered throughout this thread and some others. If you search this thread for a specific camera and browse for a bit you should be able to find the correct number sequence
06-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #573
Banned

Happy that it worked for you.
Well, I looked inside firmware. That is my hobby
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Codes for the various models are scattered throughout this thread and some others.
Do not agree! So far I know codes for K-r were never published before. Show me where they are. And in fact for some camera models, it is not that trivial.
06-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #574
Veteran Member

Do not agree! So far I know codes for K-r were never published before. Show me where they are. And in fact for some camera models, it is not that trivial.
I assumed they were in the thread somewhere, like the methods for a bunch of other cameras (K-30, K-5/II/IIs and K-3 at least). Didn't mean to step on any toes.

06-15-2016, 11:47 AM   #575

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
I assumed they were in the thread somewhere, like the methods for a bunch of other cameras (K-30, K-5/II/IIs and K-3 at least). Didn't mean to step on any toes.
Assuming was a really bad idea. I ended up pointlessly re-reading the entire thread when all I had to do was wait for bootcoder's reply. I know you were trying to help but if you didn't know for sure the information was there you shouldn't have replied to my post at all.
06-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #576
Veteran Member

Assuming was a really bad idea. I ended up pointlessly re-reading the entire thread when all I had to do was wait for bootcoder's reply. I know you were trying to help but if you didn't know for sure the information was there you shouldn't have replied to my post at all.
I am sorry that I caused that, but on the other hand I did suggest searching, and bootcoder replied with the relevant data already, unless I'm missing something. I do find it interesting that only the K-r wasn't mentioned *anywhere*.
Edit: Part of the filename seems to be on a Russian site, but apparently nowhere else.
06-16-2016, 07:53 AM   #577

Happy that it worked for you.

Well, I looked inside firmware. That is my hobby

If the numbers are hard to find perhaps we should make a PDF listing those from the K-x (or maybe earlier) to the K-3 II and put it out for free distribution on the web. I could easily make a neat PDF with some instructions and a table of the filenames if somebody could help hunt up the data. I would prefer to make it redistributable and without credit so it can move around easily.

06-16-2016, 07:53 AM   #578
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Has anyone ever found the right codes for the K-01? I've been looking all over for them and haven't found any...
06-16-2016, 08:48 AM - 2 Likes   #579
Pentaxian

If the numbers are hard to find perhaps we should make a PDF listing those from the K-x (or maybe earlier) to the K-3 II and put it out for free distribution on the web. I could easily make a neat PDF with some instructions and a table of the filenames if somebody could help hunt up the data. I would prefer to make it redistributable and without credit so it can move around easily.
Good idea! That would save us all from searching through this whole thread for the information we need/want. 👍
06-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #580
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by logomancer Quote
Has anyone ever found the right codes for the K-01? I've been looking all over for them and haven't found any...
I would try filename 00077560.523
06-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #581
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would try filename 00077560.523
That (and DEVELOP.MOD) did the trick, thanks! Doesn't seem like there's much there, though.
06-18-2016, 06:35 AM   #582

QuoteOriginally posted by logomancer Quote
That (and DEVELOP.MOD) did the trick, thanks! Doesn't seem like there's much there, though.
Most of the time you should ensure your camera isn't in debug mode and hope it never needs to go there. As far as I know the most commonly useful item is the autofocus adjustment, which is one of the few items a normal user can safely use.
06-18-2016, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #583

QuoteOriginally posted by Shodan Quote
Create two files on the root of your SD card:
  • DEVELOP.MOD

Open the 00077650.524 in notepad and add the line:
[OPEN_DEBUG_MENU]

Put SD card in Camera but leave the door open.
Turn on.

Beware, some of the functionality in the menu may affect the operation of your camera! Back up your SD card as well!
Which firmware version uses those filenames please?

---------- Post added 06-18-16 at 05:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
For K-3 it's

00077760.502 and DEVELOP.MOD
I'm putting together a PDF with a list so could you let me know that camera's firmware version please?

---------- Post added 06-18-16 at 05:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Duc-Driver Quote
For K5IIs it is 00077681.541
Again, which firmware version please?

---------- Post added 06-18-16 at 05:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Shodan Quote
I've had a look. 0077750.545 is in the firmware. The obfuscation function for DEVELOP.MOD also looks the same.

So it should work.
Could you tell me the firmware version for my list please?
06-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #584
Veteran Member

K-3 works with v1.21
06-19-2016, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #585

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
K-3 works with v1.21
Thank you!

---------- Post added 06-19-16 at 09:57 PM ----------

OK, I have put the tables together for a PDF giving instructions for putting Pentax DSLRs into debug mode. I have only a few cameras of recent years missing from the list and if anyone can help fill these gaps please contribute. The missing cameras are:

K-3ii
K-1

Listed so far are:

K-S1
K-S2
K-01
K10D
GX10
GX20
K20D
K200D
K-7