Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I think the iis is just fine for live music. 6400 isn't terrible and quite usable on that camera. I normally use auto white balance. I would try manual WB and change the temp manually for the LED lights?
Totally. I have found to under expose while shooting in RAW. Then bring it back in and lower saturation on magenta a tiny bit. maybe some on red. Then an overall photo de-sat seems to help alot.

an then of course, hit B&W and lots of details comes back. I can often adjust basics in B&W, then bring back to color and fix any other issues.

got that tip from a few posts on here combining technique.

02-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rzarector Quote
Totally. I have found to under expose while shooting in RAW. Then bring it back in and lower saturation on magenta a tiny bit. maybe some on red. Then an overall photo de-sat seems to help alot.

an then of course, hit B&W and lots of details comes back. I can often adjust basics in B&W, then bring back to color and fix any other issues.

haha thats what I do! we call that exposing to the right.

helps to recover highlights too. and yes, B&W can always fix a bad shot. I was shooting K3 in November at this one venue that had abnormally bad light. At the best of times there is two floods on the stage. Surprisingly I still got some decent images.

Iso 1000
02-06-2014, 02:30 PM - 3 Likes   #48
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rzarector Quote
This forum is a virtual encyclopedia when it comes to photographic knowledge. There are many great members here who are always willing to contribute and point one in the right direction. I have presented a few questions here and every time the help has been very good, and friendly.

And it is essentially free.

Can't beat that!
02-14-2014, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!

02-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #50
Site Supporter

Shiny!
02-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #51
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Congrats!
03-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd put the Mrs into respite and go for a run some where I haven't been before.

Closed Thread