Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #1

Have you ever heard Canon/Nikon to Pentax lens adaper

Sometimes I search for any information related to Canon/Nikon to Pentax adapter.
There is no results when searching online shops for the adapter.
But there are Pentax to Canon/Nikon adapters are sold on Ebay.
I live in a country where people mostly use Canon and Nikon.
No resellers and distributors of Pentax. even no black market or secondary market.

What would it be if there were the adapter with full contacts and features autofocus? Lets dream

02-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Due to differences in the mount itself and/or registration distance, this isn't really possible for all practical purposes. For example, to use a Nikon lens on a Pentax camera you need an adapter with a "corrective element" that ruins your image quality.

More info here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-pentax-beginners-corner-q/134506-nikon...t-adapter.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-06-2014, 01:13 AM   #3

While I cannot recommend this, Nikon lenses do fit onto the K-mount directly using the same mount alignment mark or upside down. Because the Nikon flange focal distance is a little bit longer than Pentax, the lens would focus to infinity. However, lenses only rotates about 15 degrees and do not lock. Furthermore, Nikon lenses may have protrusions which could impact and damage parts inside the K-mount. I have successfully used a non-AI Nikon 28mm lens, which has an aperture ring and no strange protrusions, on a K-x body.

You could also get a modified K-mount or do the modification yourself: Pentax K+ Multi-Mount - Adaptist
02-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by karpati Quote
While I cannot recommend this, Nikon lenses do fit onto the K-mount directly using the same mount alignment mark or upside down. Because the Nikon flange focal distance is a little bit longer than Pentax, the lens would focus to infinity. However, lenses only rotates about 15 degrees and do not lock. Furthermore, Nikon lenses may have protrusions which could impact and damage parts inside the K-mount. I have successfully used a non-AI Nikon 28mm lens, which has an aperture ring and no strange protrusions, on a K-x body.

You could also get a modified K-mount or do the modification yourself: Pentax K+ Multi-Mount - Adaptist
Fotodiox also sells Nikon lens to Pentax camera converters. Indeed there is a corrective element. Mine cost around $35. I have a wealth of Nikon legacy (manual) lenses, so was just looking for a mechanical connection. I am a hobbyist, not sophisticated enough to advise on image quality. Banskojoe

02-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Maksat Tutan Quote
I live in a country where people mostly use Canon and Nikon.
That's actually a pretty worldwide situation.
02-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have one of each canon to pentax and Nikon to pentax, they have optical elements to correct for infinity focus, but also give magnification like teleconverters The Nikon one has a 1.25x magnification the canon one a 1.45x magnification.
02-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have a glassless Nikon to Pentax adapter which is great for macro work. For example, my Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 on the K-3 focuses from about 18" to about 10', which would be good for butterflies and other such "closeups" (I suppose one could even use it for portraits but I haven't tried). This adapter also allows my K-3 to mate with a Nikon Bellows for even greater magnification. I don't own an optical converter for the Pentax and don't plan on getting one as I have no plans on selling my D800. But it is nice to know that I "can" use Nikkor glass in certain situations (or in an emergency).

Michael