Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Camera Shutter Life Database

Camera Shutter Life Database

It's interesting to see how Pentaxes stack up against Sony, Canon, and Nikon bodies.

02-10-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice find, its interesting to see how long some of these things are lasting, unfortunately for a lot of us we get bit by the upgrade bug well before our cameras reach such high counts one of my K20Ds has over 100,000 clicks on it but he stays in the bag enjoying his retirement. I pull it out every now and then just to keep the gears moving.
02-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
That seems pretty out dated, the last models they have for pentax are K-x and K-7.

I am surprised that they haven't just gone to a lifetime warranty on shutters, if you burn through 200K+ pictures and everything but your shutter is working, they should just give you a new camera body.
02-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think someone linked to this before, when there was some discussion about the life of DSLR shuters or something like that. I see the K10 has a decent track record!

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
That seems pretty out dated, the last models they have for pentax are K-x and K-7.

I am surprised that they haven't just gone to a lifetime warranty on shutters, if you burn through 200K+ pictures and everything but your shutter is working, they should just give you a new camera body.
Maybe a message to the site owner might get them to update it?