Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #1

K20D review in polish - anyone to read ?

There is K20D review in polish....

Test Pentax K20D - Wstęp - Optyczne.pl

04-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link Andrews. I did not go thru the whole article yet, but at least looks like they have some decent pictures of the camera itself.
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Based on the review summary, here are the ratings (if someone is interested):

Build quality and controls (Jakość wykonania i ergonomia): 4.6 / 6.0
No complains.

Useability (Użytkowanie): 3.5 / 6.0
They are complaining about the delay between taking picture and getting preview on LCD screen. AF speed is also mentioned.

Resolution (Rozdzielczość): 5.3 / 6.0
No complains here.

White balance (Balans bieli): 4.6 / 6.0
No real complains except small note that pictures are usually warm-toned which can be corrected thru camera settings.

JPEG Picture quality (Jakość obrazu w JPEG): 5.0 / 6.0
They mention about some noise in 400-800 range that goes up with ISO plus that lightly sharpened images appear to be soft (?).

RAW Picture quality (Jakość obrazu i szumy w RAW): 3.1 / 6.0
Major complain is hot pixels with long exposure times plus inability to turn the noise reduction processing off during long exposure.

Tonal range (Zakres tonalny): 3.8 / 6.0
Hope I translated the topic correctly
Major complains here is the high density of pixels on the small sensor which degrades the image quality.
04-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There was a 100+ post thread on dpreview on this very article a couple of days ago:

K20D proffesional review (Polish) [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Just a warning to those who read the thread, somewhere on the first couple pages the thread makes a turn for the worse in regards to those of Polish descent. It rights itself and becomes a more technical critique of the tests a page or two later.