Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Manual Mode Help Please-K10D

When i set the mode dial to M and adjust shutter and aperture to my needs, how do i "lock" this ratio for continuous shooting? Example studio shooting. At the moment after every picture i take either the shutter or aperture, changed. Thanks.

04-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GerrieDup Quote
When i set the mode dial to M and adjust shutter and aperture to my needs, how do i "lock" this ratio for continuous shooting? Example studio shooting. At the moment after every picture i take either the shutter or aperture, changed. Thanks.
If you are in M mode, the aperture and shutter should stay even if you turn the camera off. The exception to that is if you press the green button for any reason, or by accident. Pressing the green button tells the camera to reset to the metered program exposure.
04-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

In Manual (M) Mode? I can't think of how this would happen - unless... you accidentally left bracketing turned on.
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
krs
Site Supporter

Yes - I agree with the above posts. In manual mode, with my K10D, nothing changes unless I turn a dial or push the green button...

As an aside, I noticed you were from South Africa and looked at your pictures - look great! I lived in South Africa for 7 years and took a number of trips to Kruger. I wish I had my K10D back then for pictures.... I had a Pentax SLR then, but was not a very knowledgable user ...

04-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
How can any one go without this Forum!! Thank you sir, bracketing was on.. That happens when your last shoot was Kruger National Park and now you're in the studio. Great help, thanks!!
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
krs, yes Kruger is the ultimate and with a K10D, fantastic! I'm still using all my old Pentax and Novaflex manual lenses, geat results. I'll post some more...
04-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Yay I win! LOL

I just went down my own list of likely brain farts and that seemed to match up.
04-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Yay I win! LOL

I just went down my own list of likely brain farts and that seemed to match up.
Yeah. It wasn't me that got the correct fix. BUT if you were out in the weather I've had to shoot in since I got the K10D, you would find that my error track was the result of fat fingers in gloves - that darned green button is right there where I can hit it ...