Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
KENKO 1.5X DG af Teleplus Tele-converter

I have some info for any one interested in compatibility of the KENKO 1.5X AF Tele-converter. I purchased the converter to mate up with a Pentax 50-135mm DA* f2.8 lens on a K10D digital. The auto focus does not work and the menus don't function properly. I did limited testing because I did not want to damage it. The converter seemed to function properly, but hunted around a lot when focusing with a DA 50-200mm lens. Kenko does say this would happen with slow lenses and recommends manual focusing. I’m still looking for a converter for this set-up if any one has info please feel free to join in.
Joe D.

04-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Where did you purchase it? I've been doing research on this TC and I heard the older ones were different from the newest version of it
04-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
I got it from B&H. It is the newest model.
04-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I thought in the other thread that it was determined that the Kenko would not work with SDM lenses, at least not nearly as good as the Tamron 1.4x even though they look the same.

04-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I've got the Kenko 1.5x AF Teleplus. PZ-AF model? That's what I've got, and am using it quite often with my FA* 300/2.8 while shooting down in Texas. I found that it's AF is occasionally hunting on low contrast subjects, but otherwise nothing of real concern.

Regards,
Marc
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpdsr3 Quote
I have some info for any one interested in compatibility of the KENKO 1.5X AF Tele-converter. I purchased the converter to mate up with a Pentax 50-135mm DA* f2.8 lens on a K10D digital. The auto focus does not work and the menus don't function properly. I did limited testing because I did not want to damage it. The converter seemed to function properly, but hunted around a lot when focusing with a DA 50-200mm lens. Kenko does say this would happen with slow lenses and recommends manual focusing. I’m still looking for a converter for this set-up if any one has info please feel free to join in.
Joe D.
This is exactly what I found as well...
Read here..
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/19694-tamron-t...rter-pics.html
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I thought in the other thread that it was determined that the Kenko would not work with SDM lenses, at least not nearly as good as the Tamron 1.4x even though they look the same.
Correct.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/19694-tamron-t...rter-pics.html