Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What program is most important in your post-processing workflow?
ACDSee Photo Editor 82.12%
Aperture (Apple) 102.65%
Bibble Pro/Lite 266.88%
Breeze Browser   00%
Capture One (Phase One) 61.59%
Corel Photo Album Pro 112.91%
iPhoto (Apple) 71.85%
iView Media Pro   00%
Lightroom (Adobe) 4912.96%
Lightzone (Lightcrafts) 71.85%
Pentax Photo Browser 71.85%
Photoshop + Bridge/ACR (Adobe) 11430.16%
Photoshop Elements (Adobe) 5414.29%
Picasa (Google) 133.44%
Raw Shooter (Pixmantec, now owned by Adobe) 143.70%
Other (explain in response...) 5213.76%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2007, 03:59 AM   #91

One word: SilkyPix.

03-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #92

Photos: Gallery
DIP!

I voted "other" beacuse I prefer Microsoft Digital Image. I often do some scrapbooking and the program is easy, didnīt cost so much and is perfect for my causes.
04-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #93

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image Workflow....

I got so use to Adobe Bridge then PSCS2 that when I beta tested Lightroom I did not realize how easy it had become - I guess I was looking for more steps but I realized quickly that Lightroom either combined or eliminated a few steps to streamline the process of image control. So now - I use the full version of Lightroom for my inital image database, sorting, developing and storing. Then if I need to, I go into BRIDGE and if I want to have comeplete control over the image(s) I fire up good old trusty - industry standard Photoshop- as long as your monitor, camera and printer are calibrated well - your results will be satisfactory for your needs.

If you would like to see my images - please feel free to visit...

http://www.pbase.com/stargazer67

- Thanks!!
Pentax Larry
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #94
Forum Member

Here is a mess for you: Raw conversion by Pentax Photo Laboratory convert to TIFF 16bit and save in what I use as a browser Picasa2. Then any other post processing which usually is converting to jpeg and resizing for the web in Photoshop Elements, these 'smaller' files are then saved back into Picasa2. Three programs running at the same time. But that is what I like. Don't sell Pentax PhotoLab short, after you get used to it, it is fine.

04-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #95

Cool - I will try it

Hey - well funny thing is - I never really tried the PhotoLab. Im just so use to, and have been trained on, Photoshop and the raw workflow - thats all I can comment on - but thanks for the suggestion - I will give the Pentax software a try!!!

- A true Pentaxian

http://www.pbase.com/stargazer67

Be well
04-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #96
Forum Member

OT, LRusso67, speaking of 'what processors and processing do you use?' Your B&W, I assume conversions, are really excellent, the ones on your website. I have tried many methods and have settled on one, but I'm not completely happy with it. Maybe, if you have time, a quick tutorial.
04-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #97
Inactive Account

My answer has changed. Although I still use Photoshop on a lot of images, the app that ALL images go through now is Lightroom. I had dropped it in the last beta stage but v1.0 has proved to be enormously valuable. Future versions will be even better. Just ordered PS CS3 because I still need PS for a lot of the stuff I do, but LR cuts the need for PS in many images.
04-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #98
Inactive Account

Halloooo

I've been using Photoshop on a Mac for about errrm 14 years or something? Since it came out basically. I've never really used anything else UNTIL I tried iphoto (never really had the urge to use it though) and more recently the demos of Aperture and Lightroom on my new macbook pro and older powerbook G4.

I watched a demo of Aperture at Focus on Imaging and I was v impressed with it and what you can do with Raw files regarding adjustments and workflow.. the whole non-destructive aspect and not having loads of diff versions saved really blew me away.

So I downloaded the demo of it and Lightroom and tested them both using the same files for a month. Like i-photo, I found Aperture really unnapealling/non-intuitive... which I guess is surprising for an Apple product. I'm sure it's good, if not better than Lightroom but I really couldn't be bothered to figure out how to use it! I stopped using it after a few days.

So onto Lightroom... WOW WOW WOW... not having seen a demo or read a manual I managed to pretty much master it straight away... it's absolute genius. The interface is amazing. And also one thing I did notice is that it's so much faster than Aperture ie. it manages the large Raw files much much faster.. everything seems instant rather than the almost glitchy feeling Aperture. And as soon as I can convince work all our art directors/designer should have it, I'll have a copy of my own... my demo has run out and I miss it! So Lightroom and Photoshop is a great combo for me.

04-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #99

Lightroom 1.0

Yes I - agree with last response- I used PSCS2 for allmost all my image processing - but lightroom and made it so much easier - I only use PSCS2 for image manipulation now... Lightroom is becoming more my standard workflow for general photo correction and printing.
04-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #100
Veteran Member

I use Silkypix and I don't know why it is not a selectable converter in the poll. For the best image quality results, I believe it is head and shoulders better than the others as far as the K10D is concerned. I have used RAW Therapy, Bibble PRO, ACR for Photoshop, Lightroom and C1(unfornately not for the K10D yet).
For post RAW conversion work I use Photoshop CS.
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #101
Site Supporter

RawStudio plus the GIMP
05-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #102
Veteran Member

I've been with Photoshop since version 1.0. (I still have the original 3.5" floppy tucked away in my archives!) Currently use CS3/ACR 4.4/Bridge as my main post-processing tools, with about eight or so other pp packages on hand for specialized uses.
05-06-2008, 03:41 AM   #103

I use Photoshop CS3 + ACR 4.4 (Well it's what I used with my Fuji which could shoot RAW).

When I get my K200D I will probably try out Pentax's Photolab software.
05-06-2008, 03:45 AM   #104
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I had to check "other" and since only one choice is available, that's it. I will use the Pentax Photobrowser/Lab to adjust the WB and sometimes noise on a RAW file. I will then switch to Paint.net for more heavy PP work if needed. Works for me and the interface is easy and simple. Tons of plugins available as well.