Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
and simon it appears u didnt look very closely at the mountain landscape either..

"Going to your example of the mountain and water, you have cropped the "final" image"
It wasn't obvious because I couldn't get both on screen at the same time. I knew you had cropped the foreground. Now I see you have replaced the sky! Very daring for you, surely.

Simon

01-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes a whole new sky and done well enough to pass muster pixel peeped full size as well not just websized.. it is another Scottish sky thow and not an english one.. he he

done as an example for a certain photo critique forum.. i did clearly state what had been done and why.. the original image was presented along side..

but if i had simply presented it as a "photograph" complete with swooping eagle or what the heck else i chose to add to spice it up.. all possible with websized images what then.. ??

the problem i have is the quality of an image or so called photograph is no longer goverend by what i consider photograph skills but graphics artistry skills.. both skills in their own right but somehow i feel they should be kept apart..

i do feel (know) however i am beating the proverbial dead horse.. i am surprized that more folks dont feel as i do but they quite clearly dont..

trog

Last edited by trog100; 01-24-2007 at 04:40 PM.
01-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
i dont think u have read the thead foxglove else u would know i was bothered by a little more than "cropping some away"..
True, I haven't read every word, I was responding mostly to your first post.

QuoteQuote:
take a look at the Scottish mountain landscape and tell me what u think i have done to improve that.. ??
Yes, you replaced the sky, I saw that - rather well done, by the way. Like I said, I was more responding to your series of crops - I did say "If that's [cropping] what's bothering you..." I'll admit I didn't read closely about your mountain scene, it seemed odd that you would be altering skies if you objected to cropping, but I was getting cross-eyed and had to get back to work so I just said what popped into my mind seeing your initial collection of crops.

I'm not sure why I replied at all, actually - I see your point, but you're not going to change my mind and I'm certainly not going to change yours. The discussion was interesting the first few times around, but it seems to be devolving into each of us stating our opinions over and over again. Too much talk, not enough thought (at least for me, I just pop in here as a break between reading papers, I don't have a lot of brain power left), and we're all operating from a different set of definitions and rules. I hereby promise to contribute no more to these discussions unless I have something useful to say.

Julie