Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
just say shake reduction in here!! sr could mean anything! stop abbreviating
If you have a Pentax body from the past 6 years, you should see a capital SR on the front.

03-15-2014, 08:24 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
Makes you wonder why Pentax didn't design it to be on all the time--not just after the half push. I am sure I am not alone in not waiting for the SR to become operational, whether because one needs to be quick, or one forgets to wait--both of which happen to me with some non-trivial frequency.
Probably because it won't work unless you take it slow, it needs time to settle in the direction you are aiming. If you swing around and then suddenly fire at something it will not work, even if you half press the entire time. SR is not for action (action as in quickly move/pan the camera around that is).
This is more obvious for the systems with SR in the lens as you will see through the view finder that it needs a little time to settle.
03-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
SR on my cameras

I found SR on K-5II, K-7, and K-20, but not on Q. However, I found only "EM" on the front of my Yashica-MAT TLR, and I do not know what the EM stands for.