Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2014, 06:07 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I have one thing coming up now. My images are going to be represented by Soenar Chamid Sportfotografie, a sportspress agency. Things are in the works for this.

04-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #17

Your images are outstanding. I see some of them are taken with the K-01. Do you take it to sporting events as a second body? How do you like it for action shots?
04-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #18
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by larryaustin3 Quote
Your images are outstanding. I see some of them are taken with the K-01. Do you take it to sporting events as a second body? How do you like it for action shots?
It depends on where I go and how much I want to take along. So sometimes I just go and take K-5/K-3 with the DA*300mm, if I only want to cover some sports on a large field and don't be busy with things around the field. Or just the FA*85mm on a camerabody, depending the body on what to do.So for the image off the girl carried out off the stadium I only had K-01/FA*85 with me and I considder this one off my best images last year. If I do want to take some images off the surroundings, then I mostly take the K-01 with either FA31mm or FA*85mm on it depending off what I want to catch. I try not to change lenses on the venue, so I hardly take extra lenses with me, just put another camera/lens combo in my back. So last sunday for hockey final and swimcup I took K-5/DA*300, K-3/FA*85 and K-01/FA31mm with me. To be able to make a mix off images. The choice for using the K-5 with the 300mm instead off the K-3 was based up on the limiting light in the swimming arena where I have to go to iso6400. I could have changed between those two going from hockey to swimming, but I'm lazy. For serious action you can't depend on the AF in the K-01, so you need to make that your own skill.

I added some new images this month.
04-16-2014, 01:34 AM   #19
Banned

Original Poster
Got yesterday an image from last years Swimming World Cup, where I put some images from the event in my showcase. I'm on the right and what an overkill on Nikon for this shortlane (25 meters) event with beautiful light in the venue. The other photographer is from ANP press agency and in the morning we where the only photographers there. This is the VIP area, but the VIP's only came for the afternoon session. In shorts and no shoes, but it is very warm and cosy in the pool. No idea how warm, but above 30 degrees of Celsius at least.

This image is made from this cosy chair.

04-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ron, the two of you side by side is a hilarious image of why Pentax is a lot less money. I see you wear the same brand of "summer shoes" that I do. Also less expensive than the Nikon guy's hospital booties.

Thanks for the posting - it made my morning!