Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Help! Broken DA*

Well folks. Out walking on the ice. Slipped and fell pretty hard. Didn't realize it at first but it looks like I buggered up my 16-50. The lens angels off to the left side now. Everything it still smooth but it won't focus to infinity. Looks like it bent/broke right behind the zoom collar. There is about 2mm worth if space on this side now with a o-ring peeking out the side. Where do I need to head to get this guy fixed up and back in service??

Last edited by ebahle; 03-23-2014 at 11:15 AM.
03-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
https://www.criscam.com/
They are the official repair center in USA. Go to the website, create a login and an "new repair", when done print out the packing sheet and shipping label. Send the lens off in the mail and wait.

By a really strange coincidence my DA*16-50 is heading there on Monday for a failed SDM.
03-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear - its not a nice feeling to have something like this happen!
I have seen other posts on these forums with DA* lenses with what appears to be quite bad damage (very bent / cracked etc) that were apparently repairable, so I would imagine it is likely they can fix it up.
Good luck.
03-24-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Sorry to hear - its not a nice feeling to have something like this happen!
I have seen other posts on these forums with DA* lenses with what appears to be quite bad damage (very bent / cracked etc) that were apparently repairable, so I would imagine it is likely they can fix it up.
Good luck.
Lets hope. Really a wonderful lens that I enjoy using. I would hate to see it go.