Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Automatic reset on power off

I am not remembering to reset when I put my camera away. Today spent a full day photographing with a setting that messes the results, useable but not good. I will probably go back and spend another day - you think I would learn - not the case so far.

Is there a technique whereby shutting ht K-5 ot K-3 off will trigger a reset for idiots like me who keep making the same error?

Thanks

03-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
I am not remembering to reset when I put my camera away. Today spent a full day photographing with a setting that messes the results, useable but not good. I will probably go back and spend another day - you think I would learn - not the case so far.

Is there a technique whereby shutting ht K-5 ot K-3 off will trigger a reset for idiots like me who keep making the same error?

Thanks
There's a "memory" setting in the setup menu with a bunch of checkboxes for what the camera should and shouldn't remember after being powered down. I suppose if you unchecked everything, you would get a fresh start every time.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There's a "memory" setting in the setup menu with a bunch of checkboxes for what the camera should and shouldn't remember after being powered down. I suppose if you unchecked everything, you would get a fresh start every time.
On K3 it is Tab 1 [Camera], Page 4, Memory. Right arrow reveals 2 pages of choices to 'remember'.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-28-2014 at 12:14 PM.
03-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks guys - so many options and too much stuff to remember.