Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Permanent ISO display on LCD-panel w/ K10D ?

Hello Pentaxians,

my first post on the forum, though Ive been following it for nearly 3 months now. So I finally switching from SLR to DSLR (pretty late...). I love my K10D so far, mainly because all my previous M lenses work just fine with it. One thing I cant figure out is : is there a way to permanently display the ISO on the LCD-panel ?

Ive updated the firmware to 1.30 , searched all over the forum but all I find so far is pressing the OK button which will display ISO on both LCD and VF. But Id like to be able to see it non-stop (shooting mainly in M mode). Is that possible ??

Thanks for the help, and cheers to all Pentax fans.

Peter

04-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Peter,

The ISO setting will show in all modes except Auto, P, M or B.

You can make it show in these modes if you press and hold the OK button.

Rusty
04-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter_CH Quote
Hello Pentaxians,

my first post on the forum, though Ive been following it for nearly 3 months now. So I finally switching from SLR to DSLR (pretty late...). I love my K10D so far, mainly because all my previous M lenses work just fine with it. One thing I cant figure out is : is there a way to permanently display the ISO on the LCD-panel ?

Ive updated the firmware to 1.30 , searched all over the forum but all I find so far is pressing the OK button which will display ISO on both LCD and VF. But Id like to be able to see it non-stop (shooting mainly in M mode). Is that possible ??

Thanks for the help, and cheers to all Pentax fans.

Peter

With your earlier lenses(M)does the AF work fine or do all lenses work only on Manual

Want to but a 135mm M mount lens and was worried that the AF wouldnt work also heard that these type of glass work slower

ANyone

cheers
04-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the Info Rusty.

I use all my old lenses (M and M42) exclusively with Manual Focus. I dont think AF would work on any of these. As for the 135mm M 3.5 its a pretty good lense for the price (approx 50$), so Id say go for it.

Peter

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
With your earlier lenses(M)does the AF work fine or do all lenses work only on Manual

Want to but a 135mm M mount lens and was worried that the AF wouldnt work also heard that these type of glass work slower

ANyone

cheers

04-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote

ANyone

cheers
Speed is related to the f-stop. The smaller the number the faster the lens.
Any lens with a f2.8 or smaller number is considered as a fast lens.

No AF will not work with a manual lens.
However there are 2 things that you can do. Put the switch into AF mode, and if your camera is set up right it won't let you take a photo unless it's in focus.
If I remember correctly this is called the focus trap method.
Or what I do is go into the camera settings, and enable the beep. Which beeps when it's in focus.
Neither method is flawless, so your still in charge. But then again Auto focus isn't always right either