Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #16

Target has always sold Pentax point and shoots. Maybe their sales figures were just good enough for them to consider selling higher end models.

06-10-2014, 06:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Before I saw this thread, I was in a Target near Indianapolis and was shocked to see a K-50 on display, in white no less. I was so surprised that I pulled out my phone and snapped a couple pics. It looks like on the sign they advertise it as having a "VR" lens. Whoever made the sign must have thought that "WR" was a typo, so they corrected it.

But yesterday I was in another nearby Target and they did not have any Pentax DSLR.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 06-10-2014 at 07:42 AM.
06-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #18

That white DSLR stands out nicely from all the CaNikon black models. Only the Nikon 1 CSC is the other white body.
06-10-2014, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by yellowbrick Quote
That white DSLR stands out nicely from all the CaNikon black models. Only the Nikon 1 CSC is the other white body.
I thought so too. Maybe the color will help attract a few buyers. Although I still think the K-30 is a much better looking camera. Kind of like how I loved how the K-x looked, but then they turned it into the goofy-looking K-r.

06-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Before I saw this thread, I was in a Target near Indianapolis and was shocked to see a K-50 on display, in white no less. I was so surprised that I pulled out my phone and snapped a couple pics. It looks like on the sign they advertise it as having a "VR" lens. Whoever made the sign must have thought that "WR" was a typo, so they corrected it.

But yesterday I was in another nearby Target and they did not have any Pentax DSLR.

That Pentax shines like a beacon over all the Canon's & Nikon's. Pentax has got a huge battle ahead to win over all the trendy Nikon & Canon owners. I met a mom on a field trip recently who had my 2nd choice Canon T5i, and I looked at what it had to offer (as far as filters go), and the Pentax blew it out of the water, with the amount & adjustment settings the Pentax had. I don't regret my decision to go with the Pentax k-50
06-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We bought our second K-x from a guy who bought his at Future Shop here in Canada. There was no dust one sensor because the lens had never been off the camera. He found he was better served buy Point and Shoot with a larger zoom range. I'm not sure that sales in stores like Target do much to increase the fan base, beside the one sale at the one store.

It's an interesting question though.

How many made their first Pentax purchase at a consumer electronics store instead of a camera store. The guy we bought our K-x from developed no brand loyalty from the time he owned the Pentax. He liked the pictures, but it was more camera than he needed and while he wasn't excluding Pentax from his next camera purchase, he wasn't looking specifically for one either.

Boy does that white K-50 look snappy. My used K-x was white. I honestly think the guy we bought our K-x from bought it because it was so cool being the only white one and all.