Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #1

K20D, first pictures soft?

Greetings;

I have noticed that, after I turn the camera on, the first 3-4 pictures taken with my new K20D are quite soft, independently of which lens I use. After 4-5 shots, they become razor sharp... Has anybody experienced that before? SR warming-up? Break-in period? I have about only 500 images so far, got it a month ago. It does not seem to be improving with time.

Thanks! xGene

04-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can you post an example - say, the first shot after startup, and the tenth? Shots should of course be otherwise identical and it would really help if they were both shot in good light, with shake reduction on, with a reasonably fast shutter speed, etc.

I've not had this problem with my K20D. IF the first shot seems soft, it's probably because I was shooting a kitten.

Will
04-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #3

Original Poster
Will,

I will try to provide examples. But I have tried everything, K20D on a tripod with my sharpest lens (FA31 f1.8, and God knows it is sharp!), with and without SR enabled, manual+auto focus, indoor, outdoor, etc... Agreed they should all be tack sharp, but it seems the camera takes a few shots to "warm-up". Exposure is identical though...

I am wondering if people that have reported soft pictures with some lenses are not instead experiencing the same issue as me...

Cheers. Gene
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Gene,

Please, can we see some examples 1st and 10th.

PK