Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #46
LDB
Forum Member

Did anyone get an 8.x prior to this year? I see a few that mention going in with 1.1 and coming back with 8.1 as well as 1.2/8.2 so it makes me wonder if it's a change or just designates the same .x version but 8 signifying it was in the shop in 2008.

04-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #47
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi,I have the photo-me now, please tell me where I find the Rev info.
Thanks,
Kris
04-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Open a RAW file with Photo-me. Click on the tab "Camera" and scroll to the bottom or almost:
you'll find 'Pentx model', 'Manufacure date', 'Model revision' and 'Internal serial number'.
Note that the last 3 are accompanied by a "?". Perhaps the author has some doubts as to the validity of these items.
04-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #49
Forum Member

OK... need some guidance here from anyone who have sent their camera and received back: What steps I need to do to have my K10D succesfully upgraded to 8.x?

1. Can you please compile a list/summary what to send along with the camera?
2. How do I find address of the US service center?
3. Method of shipment

Thank you so much.

04-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #50

By the way, when y'all are recommending Photome, you might want to mention that it's Windows only. Many a photog uses Mac stuff. So if anyone knows of a Mac way to see manufacture date and revision, let us know.
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #51
Forum Member

It doesn't have to be a RAW file - JPEG works just the same.

Rusty
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Exif Info for Mac Users

QuoteOriginally posted by cygnet Quote
By the way, when y'all are recommending Photome, you might want to mention that it's Windows only. Many a photog uses Mac stuff. So if anyone knows of a Mac way to see manufacture date and revision, let us know.
If you are a Macintosh user or a Windows user, you can use ExifTool by Phil Harvey (which is free).

As the Macintosh version uses a Terminal window to run the exiftool program, it might be a little too complex for those not familiar with it. However there are several Related Utilities on the ExifTool website to make it simpler to use.

With exifTool installed, I would recommend the following free Mac droplets to automate info extraction:
Download a stand-alone Mac OS X droplet to extract preview images from RAW files
(thanks to Brett Gross)

Download three Mac OS X droplets to extract information [exiftool must be installed]
(thanks to Rob Lewis)

To use the Mac droplet, simply drag a file (RAW or jpeg file straight from the camera) to the droplet and the exif information will be displayed in it's entirety. You can put the droplet anywhere (easiest on the Desktop). Hope this helps.

04-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #53
Forum Member

Thank you very much. I will check this out today.
Good Day.,
Thanks,
Kris
04-26-2008, 02:36 AM   #54
Veteran Member

phil's exif tool is also available for windows and linux (anything which will run perl, really, which means.. anything out there ). the current version will not extract as much info from the gx10 files as it does from pentax files (i had a quick look, i will look more thoroughly through the definitions when i find some time, as it _should_ be the same for both cameras). meanwhile, anybody with a samsung gx10 running windows can confirm that 1. there is a revision number in the exif, when checking with other software mentioned here, 2. what that revision muber is?

thanks
04-26-2008, 02:45 AM   #55
Veteran Member

the corresponding tags with exiftool for my former k100d are: Manufacture Date and Model Revision (to help save some time fo other people). if someone can confirm it is the same for k10d, it would be great
04-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #56

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
If you are a Macintosh user or a Windows user, you can use ExifTool by Phil Harvey (which is free).
Thank you very much.
04-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #57
Forum Member

K10d Revision

Hello,

Just checked and found my K10D to be revision 2.1.

Now coming to the problem, please let me know what is 'Back Focus' problem.

I was checking with the salesman who sold me this camera in Dubai, and he is not aware of anything by name REVISION, leave alone 8.1.

I also came to know that there are only three local residents who have purchased a K10D in Dubai, and all the others were sold to visiting tourists from Europe, and this was first query about version.

Believe me, I had ordered for a cable release for my iSTDL in August 2006 and I am yet to receive it, this is the customer service I get here.

I loved my first SLR the Z1-P and hence have sticked on with Pentax, but sadly I have no product support what so ever.

The salesman also mentioned that PENTAX does not advertise in Dubai, which is the reason why their Cameras are not popular here. Since the Cams are not popular, they do not stock accessories, very sad indeed. High time Pentax looks for a better local agent here.

But I love the iSTDL as well as the K10D.

So please let me know what the Rev 8.1 will do to the K10D. I am visiting Thailand next week, may be I will give it for repairs there and ask my local contact to collect it after upgrading and ship it back to me.

Thanks,
Kris
04-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #58
Inactive Account

Wonder is you can use firmware for the K20d on the K10d for a better upgrade ???
04-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
Wonder is you can use firmware for the K20d on the K10d for a better upgrade ???
Probably not. The k200d would be a more likely candidate, but still not something I would try.
04-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #60
SouthShoreRob

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So how can I get my K10D to back-focus before the warranty period expires?
Uh take it to the camera store and tell them it's back focussing. That's all I did. No "proof" necessary.