Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Would Firmware Suffice?

That bracketing in conjunction with self-timer is not possible on my Kr is really getting to me.

Just out of curiosity: would firmware suffice with a view to adding this feature?

Dom

04-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
That bracketing in conjunction with self-timer is not possible on my Kr is really getting to me.

Just out of curiosity: would firmware suffice with a view to adding this feature?

Dom
Theoretically it could certainly be added, but it won't be. Those kinds of features are reserved for the high-end models.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-09-2014, 01:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Who knows, maybe its a software limitation, maybe its a whole mechanical problem. You can work around this by using a (wireless or wired) trigger. Some triggers even have their own timer and drive modes (like interval shooting, bracketing, etc.)

Edit: But you are right, its pretty annoying that the non-flagships cannot do these things. It would often come in handy

Last edited by Na Horuk; 04-09-2014 at 08:12 AM.
04-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Theoretically it could certainly be added, but it won't be. Those kinds of features are reserved for the high-end models.
They have entry-level cameras with weather sealing and pentaprism. They might as well add this one feature. Maybe the future entry level cameras will have it.

04-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's a bit of a stinker, being a feature that would probably have very little added cost to include and is likely left out to help distinguish it from more 'advanced' models.

It's made worse in the K-r since they also left out a socket for a wired cable release and I think you're left with no way to bracket besides actually having your finger on the shutter? I think the more recent 'entry-level' bodies at least brought this socket back.