Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-2000 Dust on Sensor

I have a K-2000 and have dust on the sensor. I have done the "Clean sensor" function several times and it just seems to move it around. Is there anyway to get this thing clean without spending a lot of money (on a $150 USD / week budget) or damaging it? I use it to supplement my income and need it to produce dust free pics. (For some reason people won't buy pics with dust specs in them).

04-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you have one of these?
Giottos Rocket Blaster Dust-Removal Tool (Large, Black) AA1900

It's an affordable way to blow off any loose dust that the built-in system can't handle.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Give the rocket blower a try. If that doesn't work, there are lots of options for "wet cleaning" the sensor. You'll find this discussed in many threads here on PF. In the meantime, those dust spots are easily removed from the photos using the clone tool or retouch tool in many image editors. Picasa and Gimp come to mind.
04-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks. Will check into getting a rocket blaster. Looks like a handy thing to have.