Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #1

A Pentax conspiracy?

Received my DA* 50-135 lens today...... It's bigger and heavier "in person" than I had imagined.....looks like I'll have to buy the battery grip for my k10 now to even things out

04-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Then you'll require another flash. After that a new tripod to carry it all. Then another lens, it never ends.
I'll tell you now that Pentax is evil
04-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #3

Original Poster
their clever plot to take my money I think they are in it with Amazon.

In all seriousness, though, is my thinking correct about the battery grip somewhat "evening" things out? As it is now, my pinkie is off the right side grip when I shoot.
04-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Then you'll require another flash. After that a new tripod to carry it all. Then another lens, it never ends.
I'll tell you now that Pentax is evil
I've been trying to fight this for 2yrs now...
"luckilly", my budget and my fiance are like a holy water against this evil ....

04-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #5

Original Poster
THIS site isn't helping. Just did a search and read more about the grip....... would be nice to be able to put that extra battery I have to good use.....a place for the remote and another memory card. Damnit, I just ordered it from amazon.
04-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCorwin Quote
Damnit, I just ordered it from amazon.

ha ha ha!

you have it bad!
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I hope that you enjoy the grip.
I've never used one, so I can't recommend one.
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
Pentaxian

The cam feels incomplete without the grip. Even using pancakes like my Ricoh 50mm the grip is worth it (big hands).

I use only the grip battery so I never have to take it off. I also bought the Sling Bag so I never need to remove it.

Wait...bought a new bag for the grip...this is a conspiracy

04-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JCorwin Quote
their clever plot to take my money I think they are in it with Amazon.

In all seriousness, though, is my thinking correct about the battery grip somewhat "evening" things out? As it is now, my pinkie is off the right side grip when I shoot.
I am not overly large, and don't have overly large hands. I use the grip. The camera just "feels right" when I have the grip on it. It's not all that much extra weight, and it's nice to know that when my battery goes dead - the camera just switched to the in camera battery from the grip battery. It does make things larger and heavier, but I don't think that is always a bad thing. It takes more effort to "jiggle" heavy things than light ones.

Back to the 50-135, the combination just feels superbly balanced!
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #10

Call CDC

I think this is related to CBA and LBA.

Enough acronyms! I like the grip ok, but it depends on the situation. Doing without it does seem to make the K10D a little more "handy". If my express purpose of going somewhere is to make photos of something, then I usually attach the grip and pack along all the lenses and other gear that I might need(and some stuff I'm probably not going to need and some stuff I likely don't even remember the reason for buying). But if I'm just headed somewhere I MIGHT grab some photos, then I usually leave the grip and most of the other gear at home and just take a camera and a lens. I still make sure I've got an empty 4GB card and a fully charged battery in the camera though. Just in case.