Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
softball playoffs

I am going to the state softball playoffs and need advice or pointers on the the best settings for my k10. I am going to take my 17-70mm and if it comes in on time I'll bring my new sigma 70-300m. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

04-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by digipics101 Quote
I am going to the state softball playoffs and need advice or pointers on the the best settings for my k10. I am going to take my 17-70mm and if it comes in on time I'll bring my new sigma 70-300m. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The main thing to do is to plan what you want to take pictures of. If your son/daughter/friend/hero is pitching, pre focus on the mound and press the shutter just when he/she/it is in the perfect spot. If hitting, focus just in front, where the bat will meet the ball. To catch base runners at second, prefocus on second, and press the shutter just when it is perfect.

One thing that many never learn to do, and it does take practice, is to photograph with both eyes open. One eye shows the action, and the other frames the shot.

Have fun!