Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2007, 06:43 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Teko Quote
how necessary is it to let a shop to clean the sensor? and how often?
Pooh - you don't need the shop! Of course the first time you do it yourself you need a certain amount of courage!

Keep an eye out for dust on your images (it shows up really nicely on pretty blue skies) and if you see it, puff your sensor off with the blower. You may eventually get something that doesn't just blow off, at which point you'll be back here asking about sensor swabs etc. and getting all sorts of conflicting advice. Whatever method you choose, there's no reason you can't do it, rather than a camera shop. You just need fresh batteries and a steady hand. The first time is scary, but it's actually really easy, so save your money for lenses!

Julie

01-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Sorry - didn't mean to confuse you guys...

When I compare to Nikon and Canon, I can't hold the camera as good as I do the Pentax. There's just nothing to really hold onto. Have you tried doing this with a Rebel XT? I near well dropped it had it not been for the neck strap.
Perhaps I should have worded my post better. I wasn't confused. And yes, I've changed lenses on an XT--sans neck strap. (The straps clutter up display cases.)

My point is that changing lenses takes practice; this is practice that beginners sorely need. How else are you to develop the intricate routines, la roentarre?

However, once you get it down, there isn't much that's special about it. If the Pentax setup is indeed that much more wonderful: yay, Pentax! My standards aren't so high on this front; as long as I can switch lenses, I'm happy.