Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What's a person to do ?
Sell the K10D and a Lens or two buy the K20D? 1224.49%
Sell the K10D and a Lens or two buy more Glass? DA*16-50 or DA* 300 918.37%
Keep the K10D and all lenses and just buy more Glass? DA*16-50 or DA* 300 1632.65%
Keep it all buy the K20D, all the new glass I covet and get a good Lawyer? 1224.49%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I voted for option two, as I don't want you to get in trouble with Mrs. Daacon, and I think it's better to go for better glass than for the better camera...

04-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
sell your K10D to me...take your wife out to a nice dinner...
04-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #18
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I voted for the last option, but seriously, sell one, save the money, and apply it to a K20 when the price drops sounds like a good option to me!
04-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I truly meant this as a light hearted poll where the last choice would win , however you all have given me some things to think about - the K10D body will be in the market place soon along with at least one lens , likely two and maybe three !!! The funds will be used to get a DA* 17 -70 (hopefully out soon with good reviews) , or maybe Sigma 18-50 (the macro) or Sigma 17-70, or maybe the Tamron 17-50 (not so glowing reviews from I have seen so far) or I may take a chance on the DA* 16-50 at a local shop where I can walk in and return , this will cost a couple hundred more than elsewhere but what choice do I have ? I did fall in love with the DA* 50-135 (SDM is sweet for sure)

maxwell1295 hit the nail on the head buy a K20D later hahahah every hear of the fool and his money

Less is more for sure, - The Bigma will stay as my all purpose long glass for now until I get more serious about nature photography..... ok time to take some pics come up with some prices . And post away,

Thanks all !

04-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Dave,
Just go & get the K20....today!!....no delaying, no procrastinating like I did, just get the damn thing.

Will forward my lawyers details to you.

Seriously mate, you will love it, I haven't used it much beyond reading the book and handling it, (just been too busy), but it has a lot of great features that I will enjoy learning. It will get a good workout in New Zealand over the next 3 weeks. Where I will be dropping off my DL to the daughter.

Which is interesting in itself, her DL died some months back and she bought a Nikon d60 (which she likes a lot) but is already missing her Pentax.

Anyway mate, enjoy your new camera and your daughter will love her K10 as well. .....hey, surely you have the "Mum & Dad Bank" in Canada as well.

Cheers
Grant

PROUD K20D OWNER
04-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Hi Dave,
Just go & get the K20....today!!....no delaying, no procrastinating like I did, just get the damn thing.
Will forward my lawyers details to you.
Seriously mate, you will love it, I haven't used it much beyond reading the book and handling it, (just been too busy), but it has a lot of great features that I will enjoy learning. It will get a good workout in New Zealand over the next 3 weeks. Where I will be dropping off my DL to the daughter.
Which is interesting in itself, her DL died some months back and she bought a Nikon d60 (which she likes a lot) but is already missing her Pentax.
Anyway mate, enjoy your new camera and your daughter will love her K10 as well. .....hey, surely you have the "Mum & Dad Bank" in Canada as well.

Cheers
Grant

PROUD K20D OWNER
Grant did not recognize you new handel Congrats on the new Body ... I usually like to skip a generation , but I am still undecided on what to do aside from making my mind up selling some stuff - hell I might even buy new golf clubs

My next picture taking opportunity is a ways away yet - will spend a week in the mountains in the summer at some point, a weekend in BC late June and the annual Vegas tour in the fall , have a couple buisness trips I may extend a day ....have to remember this is a hobby , then again life is short (I spent a whole 3 months with the K100D before I got the K10D )

Edit : Thanks for moving the thread Adam I was not really sure where it 'belonged' as it covers both a new body and lens at least that is my story and I am sticking to it !

Last edited by daacon; 04-23-2008 at 03:33 PM.
04-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #22

Buy K20D later! But you still need to sell the other K10D if it just sits in the corner!