Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
could the K10 new firmware cause this?

I think I have a couple of problems since the new firmware update...K10
First problem is Adobe photoshop elements doesn't gives me an error when trying to import .DNG into the browser from my card reader. It wasn't doing this before. any ideas?
photoshop CS2 still recognizes them, but elements is where I store the photos.

second....
I have this pocket remote flash that I wanted to see if I could use it for some close up work.
I put my camera's pop up flash and set it to sync.
I tried to take a picture of the pocket remote flash going off, and the K10 couldn't
it seems the remote flash and the camera flash are in sync, but the shutter fires slightly after the flash.
anyone know what is going on?
In the sync mode, is the preflash still used for P-TTL and possibly making the pocket remote flash fire early?

any help appreciated

randy

01-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

my guesses

I just tried uploading pictures (all RAW-DNG) to my computer, and didn't experience any error messages. (I've got all 38 shots of the dog taken while testing out wireless function; she blinks in every. single. shot., but the wireless flash worked well, and Elements didn't, uh, blink.)

I'd suspect, although I don't really know, that some portion of the Elements program has come unhooked on your machine. Perhaps this is just due to my experience of knocking micro$oft word off it's pins and prompting a reinstall at least once a semester, though.

As for the second problem, I don't feel terribly qualified to say much. However, from what I've seen on DPR and elsewhere, wireless functionality works best with the contemporary Pentax flashes (360, 540), and not so much/at all with older and third party flash units. From personal experience, it worked like a charm with my 360.
01-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Sorry but I don't quite understand your first query.

However, the K10 is strictly P-ttl so the remote flash will have to be the same compatability as well. My understanding is that the only flash units that will work correctly are the Pentax 360 and 540 and possible the Sigma Deluxe version of their Pentax compatable flash. I have the standard version so cannot even use it in this application.

Walt
01-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I found the fix for photoshop elements..... file>catalog>recover.

still can't figure out the flash thing, please see my other post for more info on the problems

randy