Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
deludel's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Durham, CT
Posts: 196
Firmware 1.0 to 1.3

I have the link ( Pentax Imaging - Software & Firmaware Updates ) to upgrade firmware for the first time, but have a question:

The Preparation instructions say: Make sure your camera currently has firmware version 1.00 through 1.20

I have the basic 1.0, have never upgraded .. but cannot see anywhere on the site to get 1.1 (which is the one I want most) or 1.2 .... any advice on how to get these? Or, should I just ignore that part and will 1.3 include the others?

04-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,831
I am pretty sure the firmwares are all inclusive so 1.3 will include all the fixes from 1.1 and 1.2 - unless you don't want to install 1.3 for some reason , I would load it.
04-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,981
1.0 - 1.3

I think that line means you may upgrade to 1.3 from any of the prior Firmware upgrades numbered 1.0 - 1.2, (inclusive), meaning, for instance, upgrade from 1.1.4 if such a thing exists to 1.3.

I went straight from 1.0 to 1.3 after a month because I don't see myself adjusting any potential backfocus issue on my own - I'd just send it in and shoot film for a few weeks.

pc

QuoteOriginally posted by deludel Quote
I have the link ( Pentax Imaging - Software & Firmaware Updates ) to upgrade firmware for the first time, but have a question:

The Preparation instructions say: Make sure your camera currently has firmware version 1.00 through 1.20

I have the basic 1.0, have never upgraded .. but cannot see anywhere on the site to get 1.1 (which is the one I want most) or 1.2 .... any advice on how to get these? Or, should I just ignore that part and will 1.3 include the others?
04-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Jodokast96's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Erial, NJ USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,133
If you are trying to retain the hidden menu, you do not want 1.2 or 1.3. Here's a link to 1.1 Pentax Canada - K10D

04-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
deludel's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Durham, CT
Posts: 196
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
If you are trying to retain the hidden menu, you do not want 1.2 or 1.3. Here's a link to 1.1 Pentax Canada - K10D
All I am looking for right now is the ability to change ISO using OK + Front e-dial ... so thanks for the link to 1.1.

You've perked my interest though - what do you mean by "retain the hidden menu"?
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 73
Upgrade to 1.3 and you will have all the latest goodies including the one you mention.

Forget about the hidden menu - it's easy to stuff up the camera completely.

Rusty
04-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,314
QuoteOriginally posted by deludel Quote
All I am looking for right now is the ability to change ISO using OK + Front e-dial ... so thanks for the link to 1.1.

You've perked my interest though - what do you mean by "retain the hidden menu"?
There is a debug menu available in 1.1 to set the back/front focus among other things. I'm too chicken to try it, myself, so went directly to 1.3. I also find that I don't need it with the particular lenses I was lucky enough to buy (particularly my DA* 16-50).
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, firmware, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firmware? Naturenut Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 08-03-2010 06:37 AM
K-7 Firmware 1.02 konraDarnok Pentax News and Rumors 1 10-22-2009 08:01 AM
New K7 firmware... dlacouture Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 10-07-2009 10:09 AM
When do we get the new firmware? ottoangel Pentax DSLR Discussion 1 04-19-2009 12:05 PM
Firmware 1.11 benjikan Pentax DSLR Discussion 21 03-15-2007 10:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top