Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #1

Shake reduction trouble

Hi Everyone I've got a Pentax K10D that I've been using for the last few months. To those of you who have a Pentax K10D have you been able to access the shake reduction option in the 'Rec. Mode' menu? That option of my menu is always faded out? no matter what setting or mode I'm on I can't acess this feature?? can anyone help me??

04-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Emmanuel Quote
Hi Everyone I've got a Pentax K10D that I've been using for the last few months. To those of you who have a Pentax K10D have you been able to access the shake reduction option in the 'Rec. Mode' menu? That option of my menu is always faded out? no matter what setting or mode I'm on I can't acess this feature??
It is only available with older lenses, and is the focal length setting. I just tried it with my A 70-210, and the menu is available. It will not be available with F, FA, DA lenses, because the camera "knows" the focal length to which the lens is set. It is always available with M, K and M42 lenses - I just checked the one A lens I have to see whether it showed up.
04-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ok thanks alot mate. I thought I was missing out on some 'feature'!!!!
04-25-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Emmanuel Quote
Ok thanks alot mate. I thought I was missing out on some 'feature'!!!!
You are. in fact we all are. With only very few exceptions of new TCs, which modify the effective focal length of the lenses, when you put an older AF TC on an autofocus lens, the camera is set to the lens focal length, and shake reduction is compromised, because it is not working at the correct focal length.

There have been many requests to pentax to open up this for manual override, or tp prompt for a teleconverter ratio at power up, just like the present focal length menu with non AF lenses, but so far no luck.

04-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
You are. in fact we all are. With only very few exceptions of new TCs, which modify the effective focal length of the lenses, when you put an older AF TC on an autofocus lens, the camera is set to the lens focal length, and shake reduction is compromised, because it is not working at the correct focal length.

There have been many requests to pentax to open up this for manual override, or tp prompt for a teleconverter ratio at power up, just like the present focal length menu with non AF lenses, but so far no luck.
I would LOVE to be able to set the focal length to 1.7X when using my new to me AF adapter, or 1.4X when using my 1.4X-S adapter.