Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2008, 01:57 AM   #1

K10D Shutter won't fire with flash popped up

I have had my K10D for over a year or so now and am now having a problem when I use the pop up flash and was wonder if anybody else has had the problem. the camera operates just fine with an external flash attached but the moment I pop the flash up, the shutter will not release. If I close the flash, the camera tells me that it needs to use the flash to take the photo. Pop up the flash, same problem. Thanks in advance for any help as I am currently in Europe and would love to have it available.

Chris

04-25-2008, 04:18 AM   #2

Hi Chris,

Not very experianced in K10 lore myself, just got mine a few weeks ago, but I noticed that there is a menu option to lock the shutter if the flash is not charged.

Maybe there is a flash charging problem or interlock issue.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, flash, k10d, k10d shutter, photography, pop, shutter, shutter won't fire