Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2014, 03:54 AM   #31

If the camera had GPS, it would not need to keep a real time clock active when the battery was out: it could reset it to the GPS time next time it was switched on. The internal battery is only to keep the RTC operating when the main battery is exchanged, all other functions can be stored on flash memory. Just an out-the-box thought!

05-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #32
Pentaxian

My K100D needed the time and date set every time I put new batteries in it, it kept they user settings though. Never had that issue with the K200D or K7.
09-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
You can recharge the internal battery.

1) Turn the camera on.
2) Turn off the Auto Power Off option.
3) Turn off the rear LCD.
4) Let the camera sit overnight. Preferably till the main battery is depleted. That way you can give it a good full recharge too later, but because it obviously put all the juice it could into the internal battery.

QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
That is the method I was shown and that I use when the internal battery gets weak, and it has always worked.
Nup, tried it - Doesn't work with my K-01