Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by demoleman Quote
And I read in many review "I shot about 400-500 photo's on one set of alkaline batteries" Well I don't.How do you explain that fact
What reviewer said that about the K100D? They might have said AA's, but it's highly unlikely they said alkaline.

QuoteQuote:
Which conditions?
The conditions where you need to take more than a dozen or so pictures :-).

QuoteQuote:
And lets face it.The K100DS isn't the only camera with the problem. The whole range of the K1xx has the same problem.It is basically the same with the battery gauge!
And I am not the only one who's complainimg. It is all over the Internet.
Right - it is indeed well-known that older, weaker NiMH cells don't work so well. So use the new ones, which *do* work well, and stop worrying about the ones that don't.

10-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #32
Forum Member

Yup, it's very well documented which batteries work well in this series of cameras, and which don't. On the other hand, a while back I bought two refurbished k100d Supers. One worked perfectly and displayed a full charge, while the other would show half-charge and then empty (with the same set of batteries being switched between the two cameras as a test). Of course, I sent back the problematic camera, but I mention this because sometimes other internal issues might be present.