Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Done - and good luck
05-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #33
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
That sounds crazy, they would not have done the same if the player was male, that's for sure.
I got this article send last week:

Gender equality in sport ? Commission calls for action | Diversity UK

I agree with your saying about it's all about "sexist".
05-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I got this article send last week:

Gender equality in sport ? Commission calls for action | Diversity UK

I agree with your saying about it's all about "sexist".
1. Women are weaker than men and will be hurt more and are bad athletes.
2. Women are mainly child factories and should not risk their bodily child birthing capabilities in violent sports.
3. Women should care about their looks and don't risk bodily deformations connected to sports.
4. Women should be passive and not active.
5. Women should not enter traditionally male soil and if they do they need to be separated and taken care of.
etc

Of course non of the above is true but all lives on in our society, especially in fields like sports.

05-10-2014, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Have difficulty understanding the whole situation, care to elaborate? or a link in English?
As, I understand/remember the situation - someone from the opposing team just before the championship game a couple of weeks ago, trolled through some of Ron's on-line images and cherry picked a couple, then went on a "campaign", saying that Ron was taking too many images of the players derrières, rather than focusing on the game itself. The consequences were that Ron had his sideline credentials (for photographing the championship) game pulled (and I think officially banned from attending the game). I don't know if the credentials were pulled for the game, season or life - but the opposing team - Belgium, if I remember correctly made a very public event of having him officially dis-invited and banned- as it made the Danish and Belgium national news and TV.

Since then, Ron has been trying to stitch his personal and professional reputation back together again.

Hope, I was reasonably close. The various translators are good, but still leave a lot to be desired.

05-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Done. Me too. The big STEM button under the column. But sports aside, am also very inspired by your 'bottoms of girls' pictures. Keep up the good work, Ron -- ALL of it!
05-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have 'stem'ed as well - not sure exactly what I have voted for though - they said after that 'Bedankt voor je stem' but I have no Idea what that means either :P ^^

>>-manntax-->

05-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #38
Veteran Member

The debate about sexist photography traditions is good, but this really seems to be a bit misdirected. Ron actually covers them as tough and competitive athletes. Somehow Ron got targeted in the debate instead of killing off the true sexists in American Apparel and their likes.
05-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I think I got a message that I could only STEM once
05-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done ... Stem/d Keep up the good fight, Ron!
05-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #41
Veteran Member

@manntax -- when you hit that big STEM button, it obligates Ron to send you a six-pack of Heineken...
05-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
It's all in Dutch for as far as I know.

It started with a publication on the Amsterdam AT5 channel:
Fotograaf geweigerd bij vrouwenvoetbal om 'billenfoto's' - AT5 Echt Amsterdams Nieuws
Images too it to show my work next to explaning the problem.

Then the Telegraaf, wich is the largest newspaper in The Netherlands took the story and put a "good" title on it Titel: sports photographer shows buttocks crazy that grabbed attention from everyone. So it went for a day to our national newsitem (even more important then Putin).
Sportfotograaf blijkt billengek | Binnenland | Telegraaf.nl

Got also on Belgium TV last sunday and Belgium online mediums and radio just went along with the hype.

So I'm now busy with setting things right and clear my name. There is a lot off support for me and also sportswomen from different sports support me on this.
OK. understand the situation. STEM'ed. #417. Hope it helps...

on the other hand, maybe clean up some facial hairs to look more like your profile pic will help too? Just kidding! Hope the situation resolve in a positive way.... as the whole thing is a pretty serious (and negative) accusation.

All the best Ron!
05-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
@manntax -- when you hit that big STEM button, it obligates Ron to send you a six-pack of Heineken...
Great !! I'll pm him my address then :P
>>-manntax-->
05-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #44
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
OK. understand the situation. STEM'ed. #417. Hope it helps...

on the other hand, maybe clean up some facial hairs to look more like your profile pic will help too? Just kidding! Hope the situation resolve in a positive way.... as the whole thing is a pretty serious (and negative) accusation.

All the best Ron!
The beard is gone. I had a bet that if our hometeam PSV would winn from Amsterdam's Ajax (womens game) that the beard would go down. Didn't expect that, since we had lost 4 games in a row, but we won 1-0. Two girls from the team had the honor to get their hands on my beard:

05-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have voted after reading the translation of the blog. Press on, Ron. Good luck.

QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
when you hit that big STEM button, it obligates Ron to send you a six-pack of Heineken...
Is this true? Ha ha.

Craig