Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Best deal on K100D?

I'm ready to buy my first DSLR and on a budget of $400. I'm looking for a K100D or Super with a kit lens, and I've scoured the net searching for a great deal on one and haven't found one yet, the best deal I've found from a reputable dealer is Abe's for $499. Am I missing any hot deals anywhere? I might consider a used set up with one lens that covers a lot. I need to get moving on my purchase because I'm going to Hawaii in a month and have very little knowledge of photography and need some serious practice time.

Am I missing "the place" for a good deal or not being realistic?

Last edited by albacore; 04-28-2008 at 04:33 PM.
04-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hi, welcome to the Forum. I haven't bought from Abe's of Maine but I read in another thread recently that you can expect a phone call to confirm your order and to try and sell you other stuff. If you use them and they do this, just be polite but firm and tell them you only what you have ordered.
04-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought my K100D Super + Kit 18-55mm lens from Abes. I bought it through their Amazon marketplace rather than direct. I found that I could get better shipping rates via Amazon than I would have gotten going directly through Abe's. I did not get any phone calls from Abe's trying to upsell lens or accessories going this route. I'm pretty sure this isn't done so that their Amazon rating does not go downward via bad reviews. I went with the 2 day shipping offer and paid $521.43USD. I ordered my camera Monday morning and it arrived Wednesday afternoon.

Your other option is to try eBay and see if you can win a slightly used K100D. Good luck!