Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #1

Pentax 100mm 2.8 dfa macro adapter to mirrorless

Hi everyone!

I currently have a K-x camera and recently acquired the pentax 100 dfa wr macro - an absolute beauty and I love the photos I'm getting with it so far.

I want to purchase a compact system camera to take when I have to travel for work. Are there any adapters which will allow me to use my 100 macro lens with a compact camera such as the sony nex or samssung nx series cameras? I know there is an adapter for FA lenses but I am not sure if that will work since mine is D -fa (not sure what the diff. is).

I appreciate any advice/suggestions. Thanks for reading

~Bella~

05-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The issue is that the DFA does not have an aperture ring so the adapter needs to have a way to control aperture.

Consider a Pentax Q, Q10, Q7 with an OEM adapter as an option.

They work well together and the smaller sensor gives your lens more magnification.
05-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

There's an adapter that'll work for the Sony, and several that will work for other options. You just need to find a adapter that has an aperture ring.
05-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The operational difference between FA and previous series vs DA lenses is that the latter ones lack an aperture ring. Itīs controlled from the camera. But since nex doesnīt have a way to control de aperture (itīs mechanical) you need an adapter with aperture control.
I havenīt tried it but this one has one: Amazon.com : Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter with Aperture Control, Pentax K Lens to Sony NEX E-Mount Camera : Camera & Photo

The only downside is that youīll have to guesstimate what aperture you are selecting by moving the ring on the adapter as it has no markings.