Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Cheers,
You guys are are great help. I'm just back from sorting out my 2yo son who fell out of bed this morning, and broke his collar bone.
Did he come with a warranty? When that happened to my kid, I just got sent a brandnew baby! (may have been refurbished though, one never knows!)

I finally managed to fix up the broken one so now I have 2, a girl and a boy. Sadly, as they are respectively 14 and 13 years of age, their warranty has long since expired. I'm stuck with them although they constantly insist it is them who are stuck with a father like me!

12-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Did he come with a warranty? When that happened to my kid, I just got sent a brandnew baby! (may have been refurbished though, one never knows!)

I finally managed to fix up the broken one so now I have 2, a girl and a boy. Sadly, as they are respectively 14 and 13 years of age, their warranty has long since expired. I'm stuck with them although they constantly insist it is them who are stuck with a father like me!
The same thing happened in my case, that post was somewhat old, we fixed the broken one and got sent a brand new baby as well! Both are still in warranty, tho I've seen just what happens when the warranty runs out.
12-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dancheng Quote
This is a message pulled from the Singapore Clubsnap forum.
I hope they do not mind me doing so.

bLuRbEnG of their Pentax sub-forum has given a very useful advice to those who bought gears from US retailers. Bear in mind that the retailers do not deal with International Warranty. Need to wait for the gear to arrive in Singapore. Then send the proof of purchase (copy of receipt) and Serial numbers of the gear to Pentax USA. They will verify your application. If approved, an International Warranty Card will be physically sent to your address.

As I understand it, your Pentax local service center will recognize the IW card. It will service your gear within the 12-month warranty period and then settle the service charge with Pentax USA.

I tried the above and got IW Cards for 2 bodies and 1 lens all bought from US retailers (B&H and Beach Camera). Touch wood - no need of any servicing yet!

To speed up the process, I did not use snail mail or fax. I applied by email and attached a scanned copy of the receipt as a proof of sale date. However, Pentax USA will only send IW cards by snail mail. Incidentally, the 12 month warranty period starts from the date of purchase (shown on the receipt). There is no grace period of allowing a few days for order processing and freight delivery.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info
09-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #19

anyone tried recently ?

thanks