Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

B&H international warranty

G'day

My K10d auto focus has died. I purchased thru B&H and have contacted them regarding an international warranty. The Pentax paperwork that came with the camera states that I should contact the retailer to obtain my International Warranty card.

I contacted B&H, their answer was "Sorry we do not have those"

Anyone ever got a Pentax international warranty card from B&H?

(I'm thinking that the repair cost here in Aus might be more than a replacement body.)

Other option is to send the body to Pentax USA I guess.

Cheers
Dale

04-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
G'day

My K10d auto focus has died. I purchased thru B&H and have contacted them regarding an international warranty. The Pentax paperwork that came with the camera states that I should contact the retailer to obtain my International Warranty card.

(I'm thinking that the repair cost here in Aus might be more than a replacement body.)

Cheers
Dale
As far as I know, all you need is the proof of purchase information for an international warranty claim. They need to know that you bought it within the last 366 days. (Leap year, you know).
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Forum Member

This is a message pulled from the Singapore Clubsnap forum.
I hope they do not mind me doing so.

bLuRbEnG of their Pentax sub-forum has given a very useful advice to those who bought gears from US retailers. Bear in mind that the retailers do not deal with International Warranty. Need to wait for the gear to arrive in Singapore. Then send the proof of purchase (copy of receipt) and Serial numbers of the gear to Pentax USA. They will verify your application. If approved, an International Warranty Card will be physically sent to your address.

As I understand it, your Pentax local service center will recognize the IW card. It will service your gear within the 12-month warranty period and then settle the service charge with Pentax USA.

QuoteOriginally posted by bLuRbEnG Quote
For the benefit of those getting their Pentax from USA.
I have dug out the old email from Pentax USA about how to get International Warranty.
If you need further information, you may like to send an email webform to Pentax USA.
email webform

Cheers...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.
To apply for International Warranty please provide the following information:

· Dated proof of purchase which includes your name, address, and phone number
· Model name
· 7-digit Serial Number from the bottom of the camera

You may FAX this information to: Joe Virgil at: 303-728-0145

You may also mail this information to him at:

Pentax Imaging Company
600 12th Street
Suite 300
Golden, CO 80401
Attn: Joe Virgil

or e-mail (with attachment) to: joe.virgil@pentax.com

However, International Warranty applies to the first year of ownership, only, and may not be extended or renewed.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Jensy Carranza
Pentax Imaging Technical Support
I tried the above and got IW Cards for 2 bodies and 1 lens all bought from US retailers (B&H and Beach Camera). Touch wood - no need of any servicing yet!

To speed up the process, I did not use snail mail or fax. I applied by email and attached a scanned copy of the receipt as a proof of sale date. However, Pentax USA will only send IW cards by snail mail. Incidentally, the 12 month warranty period starts from the date of purchase (shown on the receipt). There is no grace period of allowing a few days for order processing and freight delivery.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dancheng; 04-29-2008 at 08:03 PM.
04-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cheers,
You guys are are great help. I'm just back from sorting out my 2yo son who fell out of bed this morning, and broke his collar bone.

Made my day seeing these responses.

Cheers
Dale

04-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
G'day

Cheers
Dale

Dale, You need to conatct Joe Virgil from Pentax in Golden, Colorado, USA. You can scan your receipt from B&H send it to him in an email and you will be sent an International Warranty card with the stamp on it. I got mine about a week after I sent a request to Pentax.

I've had some issues with my 540 flash purchased from B&H. I too am an Aussie. My flash is with CR Kennedy at the moment getting the treatment it needs. You need the International Warranty Card with the stamp. Of course I you have purchased your camera within a year you'll have it serviced/repaired and the only cost you'll need to bear will be the postage. the service I have receievd to date has been excellent.

cheers,

Matt
04-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #6

I got my International Warranty Card within 10days of Emailing Joe Virgil. I got my K20D and Pentax 18-250mm lens from BH Photovideo through my Brother. I stay in India.
05-01-2008, 03:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cheers,

Just got my email from Joe at Pentax. It's as simple as everyone here has posted. Makes a mockery of buying locally just a get a one year Australian warranty.

Dale

12-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to drag this thread back up, but I want to say thanks for the info. I got a DA15 from Adorama recently and Virgil is going to send me an international warranty card for it..

So before you had the choice of paying AUD$650 for the lens from the US with no warranty or $1,300 locally with an Australian 1 year warranty.. But with this info you get the 1 year warranty either way.. I think Adorama/BH will get all my lens purchases now..
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

If CRK is able to price match pentax/sigma lenses with BHPhoto's price, why would you still want to buy from the US?
12-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
If CRK is able to price match pentax/sigma lenses with BHPhoto's price, why would you still want to buy from the US?
Yeah, things have changed since I started the thread. CRK are at the least, responsive this time.
12-10-2009, 06:20 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
can you actually get them to do this recently? they seem to have stopped doing it.. though of course that said they deny ever selling direct to the public..

They told me a few weeks ago to buy the lens from Canada that they couldn't match the price (was on a 50/1.4) they are "not in busines to lose money"..

Last edited by joele; 12-10-2009 at 06:31 AM.
12-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Well, I ordered my K-7 batt grip and sigma 105 from CRK I think 2-3 weeks ago. Both at competitive prices comparable with BHP. I worked out the cost and I think I save something like A$20 or so.

The way I look at it, there is really no good reason for CRK to stop supporting pentaxians in Australia by not matching prices overseas, so long as the prices we quote are legitimate (from adorama, bhphoto, etc) and are not cut-throat prices. I think CRK understands that at this age and time, one can just stop buying in Australia and buy everything from overseas.

Remember the recent news report that a politician (cant remember who now) says we should buy our ipods from the US if the local retailers still sell the stuff more expensive than they should? I suppose likewise applies to camera stuff and lenses.

If CRK really stop supporting pentaxians, then i suppose it is their loss and many people (like me) really wanted to support the local businesses instead of sending their money overseas.
12-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I wish CRK would take an interest in these customer issues and have a rep on this forum to talk to about these things. There are a lot of AU customers here, amateur and pro.

In some other forums (eg Whirlpool) you do see company reps directly reaching out to their customers all the time via the site. It's very useful sometimes.

Or CRK could setup their own forum on their site to do customer support and outreach. I mean in this day and age, with millions of Australians online, it's hardly a radical concept or hard to do: (1) install forum software like VBulletin or phpBB3 etc; (2) assign a CRK staffer as admin; (3) put link to forum on CRK home page.
12-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I lOve CRK as they price matched the sigma 100-300 f/4 down to $AU1375 mmmmm great

cheers
12-11-2009, 05:39 AM   #15
Voe
Veteran Member

I tried two times to buy lenses from them, and they refused to sell directly. The pointed me to the local camera shops. I could not even get to the point of asking for a price match.
I bought all three FA Limiteds + DA 21mm, 40mm and 70mm Limiteds from B&H, and in the future I will still buy overseas, just because of the cheaper prices, and this is due to CRK price policy.
So, I'm sorry CR Kennedy, but you are not getting my money.